Sonic Electronix

Are you sure about that 1500? do you mean watts? cause that seems kinda high. I know type r's can take over the rated amount, but thats the same amount that people are putting to BL's and lvl 4's. You may be right, but it just doesn't seem right.

and good luck with the build!

I have a 10'' type r that I run my hifonics brutus 1606d with no problems. But the same amp melted my 3200 watt hifonics XXV 15 inch. So, im figuring 3 2 channel 4000 watt amps. 1 ohm stable.

If anyone sees anything wrong with that your input is welcome.

I'm shocked at that about your 10" sub. what ohm load is it wired to? I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything, but i've never heard of it done before. do you have any vids? if they will take the power, damn this will truly bea ground pounder

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I'm shocked at that about your 10" sub. what ohm load is it wired to? I'm not trying to call you a liar or anything, but i've never heard of it done before. do you have any vids? if they will take the power, damn this will truly bea ground pounder

its wired up to 1 ohm, I dont have any vids of it. Its no longer in my vehicle or i would go make a vid. I do however have a video of my 15'' that i blew with the same amp. Well, didnt just blow it..melted a hole right through the cone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY6Z0ZhbDQM

its wired up to 1 ohm, I dont have any vids of it. Its no longer in my vehicle or i would go make a vid. I do however have a video of my 15'' that i blew with the same amp. Well, didnt just blow it..melted a hole right through the cone.

looks good. must be a hell of a box the type r is in to prevent over excursion. I'm tuned in for this build

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Actually, i can put in a box real quick. but its not the right size for it..Who cares..new system in the worx anyway.Play it till she blows.

Actually, i can put in a box real quick. but its not the right size for it..Who cares..new system in the worx anyway.Play it till she blows.

lol i didn't mean for you to risk blowing the sub, i was just asking if you had any vids already made up

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

lol i didn't mean for you to risk blowing the sub, i was just asking if you had any vids already made up

Nope, but heres one in the box made for a 15". I think it is about toast anyway, ive had it for a little over a year and i have not been nice to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KseCoalgY7o

I had to turn the gain down a bit though.

Archived