the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

kapone, the gto1004 is a nice solid amp. For the price, I cant think of anything else with 150rmsx4 at 2 ohm that runs for friggin 6 hours full blast without overheating. Theres nothing wrong with any of these GTO amps other than the metal part of the rca can be pulled out if you use the tight monster cable rca's like I have, but i've been able to just stick them back in everytime so far.

as far as getting the sub in there, ill figure something out, worse case scenario, the box is getting built a little bit shallower and i'll find a way to jack it up and shim it so it sits at the right height.

this trunk has a torsion bar system to hold it up when it's open, and its all in the way ( 1 bar from each support arm, running straight across the rear deck)

I'm just going to unbolt it and have a floppy trunk for now, find some way to rig it so its not in the way, maybe a gas-shock system or flip/flop it, but thats all thoughts for summer, for now, its getting propped up with a broom handle

and thanks for the offer aaron, but between directechs, mel, and the fact that all the wiring is generic toyota other than the head unit, I have this car on lock, but do you happen to know the distance between the two rear seat clips on the top? i'm really hoping for 38+inches, otherwise I'm going to have to make a new bracket for it and probably bend it forward a bit.

Its over 38 inches I think cant remember exactly but I think its more

eyeing it from memory i think it was right about 3 feet, we'll find out when i get around to a teardown

teagan, 95/96 was different, and the versuion with the console and the version with the bench seat each had a different amp

the first two years it was made they were throwing stuff int here to make it work, 97+ is all pretty standard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

eyeing it from memory i think it was right about 3 feet, we'll find out when i get around to a teardown

teagan, 95/96 was different, and the versuion with the console and the version with the bench seat each had a different amp

the first two years it was made they were throwing stuff int here to make it work, 97+ is all pretty standard

I think im not understanding your question are you asking how wide it is from strut to strut

as far as a finish? its brown/tan flektone, it looks like ass, i dont like it, im looking for some matching tan/beige vinyl to wrap it with so it matches the doors.

and i think the sails are just getting some black primer, the flektone up there looks like poop, unless i can find some reaaaaly close tan spraypaint.

and aaron, i was wondering the distance between the two black rear seat clips, look inthis pic, you can see the driver side and center one( up just below the rear deck), i'll figure it out whenever i get my tools from home and start tearing it back apart, prob 2 weeks ish

Posted Image

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

anyone know where I can get like an entire replacement carpet for this car? ive searched google and shops for a while to no avail, if you look through the pics you can see the gum, oil, and koolaid stains all over my back carpet, and since it's one piece, i'm trying to find a replacement, preferably with floormats as well, since those are shot.

any help is really appreciated.

as an update, going home on the 8th to get my tools, disassembly should start about the 12-13, sub hopefully here in about 2 weeks

Team DC

bump for some upholstery help

its ugly as hell, and everything else is immaculate, its a really clean car with a royally fudged up carpet

Team DC

well, the guy selling the sub fell through, so if anyone has a lightly used or new btl18 they wanna get rid of, i'm your man (he said 300+shipping)

since theres no commitments yet, i was thinking a little bit, two 15's is more cone area than 1 18...like 30% more or so.

two fifteens should fit on the rear deck without relocating the seat, so long as I port through the armrest hole, which I'm pretty sure should be right about big enough for 2 bl15's in an 8ish cube box. 2 fifteens tuned low with 1500rms apiece should do some work, eh?

any suggestions? comments? help with that carpet? im looking at this point for 2 bl 15's, a beefy powermaster batt for the rear, and another gto1400 amp, if anyone has any of these pm me, ive some cash kicking around and as it stands right now theres a good chance this is going to turn out being my winter vacation project, so look for updates closer to dec. as far as installs, but if stuff falls together like I want it to, It will atleast be in and working within a month, and i'll just add on over vacation, like make pretty pieces, add amps, batts, etc

Team DC

thanks manuel, be more badass when I get it over 140deebeez =)

and stereomayhem, thanks for the suggestion, tried them a week or so back, they dont carry the avalon, put in a request, no word back yet. They dont even carry lexus....i think the avalon and lexus gs300 or something like that are the same car, but i dont know about the whole carpet fitment.

Team DC

Archived