the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

OK, suggestion time-

the trunk is getting pulled apart this weekend, at least the subs and subamp, as i stil need some music.

once i have all the open space to play with i'm going to see what i can do as far as cutting this back deck out and squeezing 2 fifteens in there, if I cant, 2 12's, if that doesnt work, I'm probably going to leave it be, as the gain i'd get from switching to different 12's in the trunk I cant really justify to myself...

budget is 1 grand for materials to build a box, carpet, mount, wires, bolts, glass, resin, etc. I cant see it being more than like 400 to build the ox and get it all nice inside there, so im figureing ~600 for two subs, how bout some suggestions?

getting ~1500rms apiece once its all said and done, christmass vacation project is 2 powemaster 3100's and another gto1400 amp

box limit is around 6/7 cubes, would like to port through rear seat in the little armrest cutout, subs up. Goal is low and loud

im thinking some loaded bl 15's, the dc's didnt really catch my fancy as they seem like more of a spl sub than a daily pounder. DD's seem a bit high, I dont know diddly about RE or SI or AQ or AP, i'm installing an hdc3 15 next weekend and if that thing catches my fancy, i may go that route rather than the bl's, knowing this, anyone have any suggestions?

(as far as name brand stuff, i can basically get it all for cost, but nothing really catches my fancy besides 8102spls, but theyre a bit pricy)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

ttt for the night crowd....

i really need some advice here, i was going to go for jbl gtiw15's but the airspace they need is nuts....

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Yeah the JBL subs are sick. All the series are awesome. I have heard some of the older JBL Power series in my cousin's car and they sounded amazing. They knocked so hard. I've always had mixed opinions about the GTI's cuz of they gay coil config, but you can easily put triple rms on them. The only way the GTI would be feasible for me, is if I ran 3 of them, so I can wire them down to 1 Ohm.

777319156.png

from what ive been told, the crown gti amps had a peak rms at 6 ohms....which is retarded but whatever, thats why it had the weird coals.

i have 3 friends right now running either 4 or 6 of them with 8000-15000 watts, problems are pretty much nonexistant and they sound good, but the box ends up being huge for a 15, its like a 6-10 cube woofer, and i cant fit that in my trunk.

the older powers were damn good, the newer ones get the lows better, but arent as punchy, and i'm pretty sure they last longer, the old ones fried after like 500 watts

Team DC

Yeah man, my cousin's fried also after a while. Now he's looking into JL stuff. Yeah I am going to be doing a SQL setup soon and I am looking for good woofers. Yeah woofers like the Fi Q, AudioPulse, W7, W6, W15GTI, and Power Series. If you get that BTL tell me how it sounds, I just want to know if it has clarity.

777319156.png

btls arent a clarity sub, theyre spl...the ones ive heard were brutal.

im a jl hater, i feel like its such a ripoff, its a good sub, but not 1000 dollars worth of good sub

the w15 isnt a sq sub, its like a streetbeat thing, its loud and plays notes, not sq by any means though

check out boston g5 or spg555, honestly, those are some of the cleanest subs ive heard in a long time

Team DC

Well I've never heard a BTL, and I would love to. So I can make my mind up.

Yeah JL is nice, but overpriced. I've found some local dealers selling W7 13.5 for 500. So you just gotta look around.

Well I've heard some GTI's, personally I like how they sound. It totally depeneds on the box, if you're going to make one for music or a certain tone. The GTI's are pretty musical imo.

777319156.png

honestly, the btl really impressed me, considering its about the same price and specs, it seemed a bit punchier, even the 18

not to mention it does the low lows like no other

i'm pretty decided on the bl 15's, im going to see about building a box at school and ordering them sometime, maybe talk someone into getting me them for christmas, my friends are all starting to catch up to me and its time for the next step.

i would just be getting them now, but paying off the sound ticket i got kinda gunked up the plans, itll get done soon enough though, hopefully box building pics will be up in 2-3 weeks

along with me taking a grinder to the car to get that huge ass box into a trunk

Team DC

• 2 months later...

sooooooooooooo these things are in the way and ugly and aiming is all kinds of wrong

i like everything to look clean, really liking the kicker ssmb8's cuz i like my strong mids for guitar and that pop champagne song (these jbls make my mirror jump with that intro as it is)

so ssmb8's, and 04ss65.2's are the new build, want to lean more toward sq and do this right this time, the building isnt the problem, its kinda more the aiming and such. Im not going to lie and say this is getting done soon, but product is being bought soon,and glassing and stuff will be done as soon as it gets warm enough out. want to vinyl wrap it to match the door so it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb anymore.

Posted Image

idea?

will mock up something later...im leaning towards 2 6.5s, 2 tweets, 2 crossovers, 1 ssmb8 in each door, and diddly for rear fill, i dont miss it at all, im fine with just fronts...maybe throw my old coax's on the c-pillar, or some 6bys

suggestions please on aiming, hooking it up, ideas, off the wall crazyness, anything, not afraid of destroying the resale value of the 14 year old toyota