Sundown Audio

Need Help With Amp

00_XJ

I'm new to this, like this is the second system I have installed new, and today I installed my amp. Cranked the truck up, nothing. So I checked all my wires and they were all hooked up correctly (I think), nothing was loose. Well I got the meter out and hooked it up to the amp ground and power terminals and it's reading 14.05. Please let me know what could be wrong, blown fuse? Something else? Am I not metering it right? Anything at all. Thanks.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

everything sounds to be correct... did you install the remote wire ?

Yep, and wouldn't the power light still come on even if it wasn't installed, it just wouldn't go off? Maybe I'm wrong.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

no the power light would turn on without the remote wire.... b/c if you turn you head unit off and then look back at your amp it will be off so double check your remote

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

no the power light would turn on without the remote wire.... b/c if you turn you head unit off and then look back at your amp it will be off so double check your remote

i might be wrong but in my case 1 time i did that..i wired everything except for the remote and the amp wouldnt turn on or the light..until i wired the remote to the amp..the amp finally turned on...maybe the RCA's aint connected..did you double check??..

i might be wrong but in my case 1 time i did that..i wired everything except for the remote and the amp wouldnt turn on or the light..until i wired the remote to the amp..the amp finally turned on...maybe the RCA's aint connected..did you double check??..

Yep double checked the remote wire, the RCA cables could be the problem because I wasn't sure which set on the amp to hook them to, ha I told you I was a noob

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Yep double checked the remote wire, the RCA cables could be the problem because I wasn't sure which set on the amp to hook them to, ha I told you I was a noob

hahaha naw bro...everybody makes mistakes..its ku thoug..so were the RCA's your problem?

hahaha naw bro...everybody makes mistakes..its ku thoug..so were the RCA's your problem?

well I'm not sure, ha :unknw: I'll try a few different things and get back at ya

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz