My Sil80 240sx Build (non Stereo Build)

Celica post made me feel nostalgic so I thought I would post up my last car project!

This was my project for 3 years. I bought the car with a ricer style body kit and 18" rims. For what it was it looked alright was very clean and the body work was done right at least :)

After driving it around for a year like that on the stock KA24E truck motor I decided it was time to step up the game a little.

This is how the car was when I bought it. (I'll post more before shots later)

Jeremy_Dennis.jpg

I tore off the bodykit and sold most of it off the front bumper was trashed.

So first thing first I needed more power.... So I looked into possible doing a Turbo kit on the KA and decided agents it cause in the long run it would have cost me more with a fresh rebuild and Kit then it was to go the route I did go.

I looked into the SR20DET (Overdone) CA18DET (Small engine but had a lot of torque) KA24DET (Dual cam American 240sx engine in the newer models)

I always wanted a Skyline so I went with the next best thing.... RB20DET! At the time I did this engine swap it was pretty spendy so not a lot of guy's did this swap due to costs and machine work to get it in the right way. Now day's with all the swaps going on people have made these parts streamline so they are easy to get and easy to install.

I had to get custom engine mounts made, Balanced Drive Shaft and a Tranny cross member made. It was totally worth every penny the RB20DET was an inline 6 cylinder single turbo very smooth acceleration and loads of torque. I had mine running at 13psi with 243hp at the wheels on pump gas.

The car was a blast to drive and I miss it! :) A whole lot of blood sweat and tears went into this ride! I'll build another one someday!

Never really showed this car off much so I thought I would share.

primersilviana5.jpg

sil2qe9.jpg

sil3mx0.jpg

img7153gw7.jpg

very nice silvia. i love the KA though. they are capable of making tons of power and they are torque monsters. but, you gotta be willing to spend to get there.

----reference's----

meade916

very nice silvia. i love the KA though. they are capable of making tons of power and they are torque monsters. but, you gotta be willing to spend to get there.

Thanks!

Yep Friend of mine is a huge contributer to KA-T.org he owns JGS Precision Turbo in Coos Bay Oregon. He was one of the pioneers for custom turbo manifolds and parts for the KA engine he was/still working on a Bi Turbo set up on his own KA powered shop car :)

I think his last project was a Twin Turbo 5.0 stang. Last I heard that beast was up and running Lance is crazy he will turbo anything :)

I really like the way you did the front end, did you get the JDM front end conversion or just different headlights

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

I really like the way you did the front end, did you get the JDM front end conversion or just different headlights

Those are 100% Original JDM triple projector beams from the 92+ Silvia. They are the most expensive so alot of Sil80 conversions like to use the Dual Sealed Beams or the Duel Projectors with out the fog lights to save a lil money.

That front bumper was hard to get those came stock on certain Silvias in Japan they called it the Aero bumper, Again most use the Turbo bumper wich had a different look non agressive look. Both of them have an aftermarket lip that really set off the look.