91 Polo Gt Mk3 Build:) Update* 26/7.08 *

Here is the beautie :D she is a real rare car over here in Britain:)

what i plan on doing is fibre glassing the doors to house the RF speakers, i shall be building a new sub box so i can place the sub as far as possible on the opposite side to the port because the boot is a bit thinner than my car i have it in now. and jus generally making it a real neat job by covering the battery and everything else in the boot with mdf so all that is visable is the top of the sub box and i will make something that will cover everything up when i leave the car in public so you can't see the stuff in the boot :)

wanna know anything just ask....

9.jpg

7.jpg

shall be fibre glassing 4 rockford fosgate 2-way component speakers and there crossovers to each door:)

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

Here is what shall be going in the back of her... shouldn't look like that tho :)

2.jpg

This is the start of what i am doing, jus cutting some 15mm MDF to have a solid floor to screw everything down to.....there shall be tonnes of sound deadening everywhere in the boot and i may well glue another layer of MDF jus to make the floor stronger and more solid:)

8.jpg

comments

i will update as i do more to her:)

Beckett

xx

Edited by Beckett

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is that an orgasmic JBL amp pushing a.... Type R?

-Drew

yeap @800rms :) pretty loud for the size i've been told :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well here is the progress of my new sub box for the polo :)

well here is the outside walls of the box..... i have just coated the whole inside in this epoxy resin to seal it and try and make it a bit more solid inside.

sub3.jpg

here is the port, done the same thing, coated it in resin both sides..

sub1.jpg

then i 45'd the corners that will be in the port with the same epoxy resin,

sub2.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

i this screwed and glued the port into the box... using some epoxy glue to seal all the joints etc.

sub6.jpg

then i cut some batons in half and screwed the biggest one onto the port and glued behind it and in the joints.

sub5.jpg

sub8.jpg

sub7.jpg

sub4.jpg

this is basically what the inside of my box looks like :)

sub9.jpg

comments:)

Beckett

x

Edited by Beckett

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Nice glassin... So whats up with the new box? They look basically the same... Little bigger? Tune different? Whats it tuned to?

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

get a better woof!!

and i like how the interior color of the trunk sheet metal is purple! :lol:

on a more serious note the box looks SOLID!! nice resin work!! just keep in mind the resin itself has very little strength so throwing some mat on the walls will help a ton (if you had some i couldn't tell sry)

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

and i like how the interior color of the trunk sheet metal is purple! :lol:

lol.. :)

i don't care it was my 1st car:) haha.

............................ . . . . . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . ..

the reason i made a new box is so i can just take the woofer out of my current car n put it straight into the polo. i planning to get everything in the polo ready for just the speakers HU battery and jus the last little bits of crimping/wiring etc. plus the boot is a little bit different to my current car because it's a bit thinner so i jus wanted to move the sub in the new box as far away from the port as possible:) in the current car it is in the centre of the port and end of box.

plus my friend at work built the current box for me, i jus wanted to actually make the whole thing myself so i can say i built it :)

its tuned to 33Hz.. exactly the same dimensions as before:)

i want to get a bigger and more powerful sub and amp in a few years when i can easily afford it etc :)

xx

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

• 5 months later...

a lil update

8.jpg

then i routered a circle out of 23mm ply, and cut a square bit with batons so i could screw the floor solid and level:), if i didn't have something like this in the wheel well the floor wouldn't be very solid!

floorbottom.jpg

it is bolted through the wheel well:)

olopfloorBI.jpg

i then routered around the edges so it was a better fit around the edges etc cus it was a rreal tight fit;) and varnished it so it was kinda protected a bit

olopfloortopBI.jpg

i now have the sub box nearly done, just got to fit it, put some bolts through it when it is in place so i can connect to the sub, and then paint it, thinking about doing the whole boot black. but havent decided yet!

subbox2.jpg

subbox1.jpg

subboxxx3.jpg

:) heeeee finally getting on with it been slacking a bit for a while lol. i wannna drive my olop :)

comments:)

xx

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Got a few pics and update kinda stuff:)

Before...

olopyellowindicators2.jpg

olopyellowindicators.jpg

Afterr :D

olopcleeearindicators.jpg

olopclearindicators.jpg

what you reckon? i will be getting some better pics in the daylight. jus done these from my metro lol.

i was really suprised how much of a difference just that makes!!

x

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

• 3 weeks later...

No offence but I think that VW is one of the shitties companies out there, Actually now that porche bought out most of VW I think Ill stop supporting them as well, even though they have been related from almost the start.

Those thugs probably reckoned that no one would miss that hunk of junk. Looks like you are located in UK and if that is the case you might want to stop by bicester, they have factory outlets there that is so sweee; picket up a pair if diesel jeans for 25 pounds

...any way back to the point; second hand cars in the UK are amongst the cheapest in the world, even a peegoat 205 would have been better.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order