Need Everyones Help!

ok im about to leave in the next 10 min so im gone post as much as i can and will post more info later today.

I have come across a Bose home audio system from one of my dads friends. they had a Bose lifestyle 28 series 111 and it didnt work so they gave it to my dad. my dad said if i can make it work its mine. I have the subwoofer system with the built in amplifier and the reciever to go along with it. This is $1000 worth of bose audio on my hands.. i have done some test to see what might be wrong with it and i will start from ground zero.....

1. i test the amplifier output to make sure that the power cord going to the amp was good. it checked out, reading 118v.

2. i checked all of the speaker outputs on the reciever and all read 0.2v and even when i turn the volume up on the receiver the same reading accurs.

3. i took out the amp, looked at it and the subs. No burning smell or nothing that even looked burnt

4. the reciever powers up and lights up with the cd display and shows that it plays but nothing

5. the amplifier has three speaker ouputs. i hooked up a center speaker to it and nothing played, but as before the reciever was only putting out 0.2v.

6. I dont have the model num off of the reciver but it does say Bose Lifestyle Model 5 music center

i have a few pics that i took the other night, they are a lil blurry and im sorry for that...but i will be doing more test nonight and if anyone knows of anything that might point me in the right direction please post your advise.....thanks mike

homeaudio008.jpg

homeaudio009.jpg

homeaudio012.jpg

homeaudio013.jpg

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

someone has to know something about this. im gone go to walmart and get some rca cable to plug some speakers to the back and see if the recieve puts out anything..and if not then it has to be the reciever

1 3500d AQ amp

You should try callin bose help line or send it back :unknw:

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

You should try callin bose help line or send it back :unknw:

we didnt buy it and im sure they will cost an arm and a leg to get it fixed.....i wound up finding out that the two 6'' subs work ok...so the subs are fine......so now its down to the amp or receiver

1 3500d AQ amp

Do exactly as you said. Go and get a pair of leads and test the input of the amplifier. If it passess signal, move on to the next component, in this case the receiver. Check for dead capacitors, solder beads, dry joints etc.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Do exactly as you said. Go and get a pair of leads and test the input of the amplifier. If it passess signal, move on to the next component, in this case the receiver. Check for dead capacitors, solder beads, dry joints etc.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Mick

well as of right now i have the bose subwoofer being powered from my labtop and some old comp speakers that plug into a 120v source. i just hooked the subwoofers to the sub output and they hit pretty good for now...makes the stuff on my wall shake but nothing like it should....i have the amp out and am going to do some more reading on the amp tonight....but i believe its the reciever that is giving all the headack......the reciever has a headphone jack on the side and i put a cd in it and nothing even played through the headphones....so what do yall think?

1 3500d AQ amp

Archived