its acting weird again...

when i push a little big extra gas... it'll start jerking and won't really go any faster, but eventually will... all the fluids are good but there is a lot of excess oil around the engine block... and it'll only happen if i drive like 15 min.

the 1st 15 min of driving it'll be fine.. i don't think its the transmission cause it shifts fine and this issue hits when low rpm/high rpm.. just when ever...

also when i'm at a light for about 2 min.

it'll jerk for like 5 seconds

then nothing.. just acts normal...

if i drive like 30 min. it'll do it when gas is applied so.. idk

*edit*

while watching the dash... the engine service soon light will pop on when it happens.. when it doesn't... the light won't come on...

Edited by Coolwazabi

its acting weird again...

when i push a little big extra gas... it'll start jerking and won't really go any faster, but eventually will... all the fluids are good but there is a lot of excess oil around the engine block... and it'll only happen if i drive like 15 min.

the 1st 15 min of driving it'll be fine.. i don't think its the transmission cause it shifts fine and this issue hits when low rpm/high rpm.. just when ever...

also when i'm at a light for about 2 min.

it'll jerk for like 5 seconds

then nothing.. just acts normal...

if i drive like 30 min. it'll do it when gas is applied so.. idk

*edit*

while watching the dash... the engine service soon light will pop on when it happens.. when it doesn't... the light won't come on...

I had an 89 chevy with that same problem, turned out it was throttle position sensor. Cost me about 300 bucks to have a shop fix it.

hmmm... whats the purpose of that ? i thought it was something electronically but the excessive oil everywhere made me think of possible leaking head or semi-blow gasket... i'll look into that...

after that was fixed it ran like new ? well like w/o the problem ?

No offense bro...but this car seems to have a ton of issues. You really need to get it into a mechanic and have it checked out.

If you have excessive oil buildup around the block, it sounds like its you have some compression and seal issues. The reasaon why the motor runs good for the first couple of minutes is cause all of the metal is cold. When it warms up, things start swelling and causing leaks. It seriously sounds like the motor is ready for a rebuild.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

well i'm convinced its a blown head.. its getting worse and actually died on me w/ engine light on... but oil in water ?? no idea but its getting so excessive its actually dripping out from the side and i can actually hear it blow...

where would i check the water ? and it does overheat a little..