Problem With My Alarm! Please Help!

i would take it back and let them fix it. if you f*ck with it it could void warranty and they might not touch it if you tell them you messed with it.

If they offer one

Well either way it has been over a year. I may just get a new one installed, not a big deal.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

what is the time line ? By timeline i mean what happened recently that could contribute to the symptoms.

I,e did you run any new wires or have stereo work done ? or add any aftermarket gear ?

you mentioned that there are lights on the little unit under the dash ,I am not familiar with your exact model but i am willing to guess that what you are looking at is your shock sensor .Since alarm brains tyoically don't have lights on them ,they are supposed to be hidden to help secure your ride. I would verify that the fuses are good and take it to the shop who installed it let them take a stab at it .Since it has been over a year the unit itself may not have any warranty left but they may have a lifetime on labor ,so have them check it .

Remember if you can't trust your alarm it does you no good !

A few other questions that i have are : you said that the light do not flash ,no beeps,no led flashing either. Does it still have lock and unlock working? what about the starter disable ? Does your actual valet switch work ? ( it'll be hard to tell when you have no visual or audible feedback from the alarm )

Good luck !