umm i think i killed it

So if it will not idle on its own when cold, does any of this change when the vehicle is warmed up?  Have you had anyone adjust the card or verify its jetting?  

Also, when did the problem start and is it consistant?  (what changed on the vehicle to make this problem start??) It sounds to me that your running way lean and burning oil.  No matter if your straight piped or not, you should not be seeing any smoke.  But if you have to keep your revs up to idle, then your definately not running rich (usually when running rich, you can still maintain an idle, but it will be rough).  As running rich, your vehicle would die when giving it gas, as you would just be feeding it more gas.  Make sense?

EDIT:  Your post above has me thinking...as you said that it died when you stood on the pedal...now the symptoms are conflicting.  Can you pull one of your plugs and look at the tip?  What color is it.  That is going to be the only what that we can tell if your running rich or lean and or if this is even your problem.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest beatitouttheframe

yea i think the carb is a 650 im pretty sure really but when i stomp it it dies somtimes umm nuthing has really changed it just started it and we thought it was the coil not fireing but that wasnt it then we thought fuel and got the new carb and rebuilt it and it helped a lil bit  but i really dont kno what do buy to fix it u kno so maybe yall can help but  it just had each piston filled with gun oil a month or so ago but we cleaned the motor out and changed plugs and wires and  oil too

First off, the oil isn't helping any.  Second, if your plug is whitish...then immediately that tells me that your running lean.  You need go adjust the carb and give it more fuel.

The black is usually a sign of over fueling (running rich), but my guess is that the gun oil is what is causing the blackness.  (Sorry no camera phone)  I would start with adjusting the carb to give you more fuel...start with a 1/4 turn at a time (unless the instructions say otherwise, as every carb is different in adjusting and I know the quadrajet is picky).  That should at least get you to where you can get some fuel in the motor, pass all of the oil through and get an idle.  Somehow, you've gotta get some gas in motor and get rid of that oil!! 

And to whom put that oil in your motor...punch'em in the gut for me, for being stupid.