Sonic Electronix

dont make it to difficult on yourself

just do 1 amp, a pretty big amp, not huge

you obviously havent got years of experience in this, so even if you double the power, and cone area you currently have now, it will be night and day difference between what you have now and will have

I bet aything 2 BTLs/BLs 15s over t 2-12s you have, and the amps you have will shit all over them

I dont think just jumping to something so drasticly larger/powerful than you have now is the right thing to do

I mean, your sealed n,so that eqauls big loss in SPL

once you go to ported alone, you will see major gains over sealed

then real amps, not audobahn amps, another big gain

real power supply, bats not caps

big power wires, MLA module, upgrade the alt

Audiobahn 2000watts equals 750-1000 watts of RF Power, Sundown, Audioque power- QUALITY products make a huge difference

s that possible to get ("1 ohm Power @ 18V @ 10% THD =6,500W x 1") 6500 rms from a audioque 3500d?

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

Hey man, I'm just a little concerned. We just had a member lose his pride and joy, not because of stupidity or anything like that, but because of one simple mistake that we can all make. When you start using equipment like this, you are talking so much power it's not funny. It only takes one mistake and everything is gone. I will give you a quick story;

32 18" woofers, two per EV P3000. The new guy pushed them just a bit too hard. Next thing we knew, no more subs. All were cooked, and I mean flaming cone cooked.

One kilowatt of power is a shit-ton dude. From what I keep hearing, FI is the real ducks guts. One and a half kilowatts per fifteen inch 'BL' would be impressively loud. And build your own enclosure too; it's fun! You get to look in your vehicle and go 'I built that with my own hands.'

Just my two cents, doesn't really mean all that much.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

s that possible to get ("1 ohm Power @ 18V @ 10% THD =6,500W x 1") 6500 rms from a audioque 3500d?

no your not gonna see that kinda power outta the amp. if you notice its putting out 6500rms @ 18 volts. its imposible to get that out of a standard charging system. honestly your gonna need alot more money than 3 grand if you want to run BTL's the right way. And dont take this the wrong way im not trying to be rude just help you. but your really not getting what people are trying to tell you. everyone thinks they gotta go with BTLs right away especially for there first big system. but it takes way more than just btls and big amps when you go that rought. you need hundreds if not thousands of dollars of electrical power to back all of that or your gonna end up frying the amps and the subs. Seriously man the BL's are serious subs too. ive done several builds with them. Get a good 3000 watt rms amp. get 2 BL's with with cooling and flatwind options and they can take 1500rms a piece. then you will have money left over so you can get a bigger alt. get a few powermaster batteries. do a big 3 and a couple of runs of 1/0 and a good ported box. that will make you shit your self and throw up compared to what you have now. what ever you do definately go ported dont even think about sealed. once you start getting into this big boy equipment sealed box needs to disapear from your vocabulary.

oh ya...8 guage wire is fine to run to the subs but def not to the amps.

32 18's got to love pro sound gear...what type were they?

D.A.S Aero's. Those things get up and boogy off a good ol' P3000. Absolutely hammer, I love them to bits.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Hey man, I'm just a little concerned. We just had a member lose his pride and joy, not because of stupidity or anything like that, but because of one simple mistake that we can all make. When you start using equipment like this, you are talking so much power it's not funny. It only takes one mistake and everything is gone. I will give you a quick story;

32 18" woofers, two per EV P3000. The new guy pushed them just a bit too hard. Next thing we knew, no more subs. All were cooked, and I mean flaming cone cooked.

One kilowatt of power is a shit-ton dude. From what I keep hearing, FI is the real ducks guts. One and a half kilowatts per fifteen inch 'BL' would be impressively loud. And build your own enclosure too; it's fun! You get to look in your vehicle and go 'I built that with my own hands.'

Just my two cents, doesn't really mean all that much.

Cheers,

Mick

if i go with FI, i'd get 2 btls, not bls. but the subs i really want r 2 pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL.

i like the audioque amps caus they r real power

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

if i go with FI, i'd get 2 btls, not bls. but the subs i really want r 2 pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL.

i like the audioque amps caus they r real power

Listen bro Dont take this the wrong way But you asked for advise and People that know there shit

are trying to give it to you. jcm1689 just Tried to explain to you how loud BLs can get. Jumping right into BTL

is too much for you in my opinion. Also running Multiple amps is a little complicated for begginers. Maybe you should

just get one amp that will push the BLs and spend the extra money on stuff you are going to need to upgrade. Alternator Batteries Wires ect. Once again not trying to be a dick just giving my 2 cents.

1 15" Nighthade

Sundown 1500D

3.4cubes @ 34

no your not gonna see that kinda power outta the amp. if you notice its putting out 6500rms @ 18 volts. its imposible to get that out of a standard charging system. honestly your gonna need alot more money than 3 grand if you want to run BTL's the right way. And dont take this the wrong way im not trying to be rude just help you. but your really not getting what people are trying to tell you. everyone thinks they gotta go with BTLs right away especially for there first big system. but it takes way more than just btls and big amps when you go that rought. you need hundreds if not thousands of dollars of electrical power to back all of that or your gonna end up frying the amps and the subs. Seriously man the BL's are serious subs too. ive done several builds with them. Get a good 3000 watt rms amp. get 2 BL's with with cooling and flatwind options and they can take 1500rms a piece. then you will have money left over so you can get a bigger alt. get a few powermaster batteries. do a big 3 and a couple of runs of 1/0 and a good ported box. that will make you shit your self and throw up compared to what you have now. what ever you do definately go ported dont even think about sealed. once you start getting into this big boy equipment sealed box needs to disapear from your vocabulary.

oh ya...8 guage wire is fine to run to the subs but def not to the amps.

well im not even tryin to go for BTLs. i was hopeing for two pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL. and it recommends 8 gauge for those, but i was probably goin for 4 anyway.

how could i get it to runnin at 18 volts? add a alt or two? would 1 ohm Power @ 16V @ 1% THD = 4000rms be possible? caus that would be enough rms to fully power 2 BTLs.

i need 6000rms to run a full load to 2 of the pioneers

Listen bro Dont take this the wrong way But you asked for advise and People that know there shit

are trying to give it to you. jcm1689 just Tried to explain to you how loud BLs can get. Jumping right into BTL

is too much for you in my opinion. Also running Multiple amps is a little complicated for begginers. Maybe you should

just get one amp that will push the BLs and spend the extra money on stuff you are going to need to upgrade. Alternator Batteries Wires ect. Once again not trying to be a dick just giving my 2 cents.

no its aight. and im listenin. 2 BLs would be fine.. i just actually was hopein to run a full load to 2 pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL. but to do that i'd need 6000rms. the FI subs look good, but its pioneers i really want. i just was sayin BTLs caus im just stuck on as loud as possible i guess. probably is a beginner thing, sry

no its aight. and im listenin. 2 BLs would be fine.. i just actually was hopein to run a full load to 2 pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL. but to do that i'd need 6000rms. the FI subs look good, but its pioneers i really want. i just was sayin BTLs caus im just stuck on as loud as possible i guess. probably is a beginner thing, sry

Everyone wants to be as loud as possible We all understand. It is just 3000 watts is a lot of power let alone 6000.

Whatever you decide take your time and make sure you electrical is up to par. Trust me 3000 watts to 2 Bls in a

Good box will impress you. Just remember that we all started small and have learned from trial and error. Hell

even guys that been doing it 10 years can still learn new stuff. good Luck

1 15" Nighthade

Sundown 1500D

3.4cubes @ 34

Archived