Sonic Electronix

rite now i hav 2 12" audiobahns in a sealed box runnin 1000 rms and 2000 max each. both hooked to a 2150 max audiobahn amp. its loud, but not enough. i want to upgrade big. i was thinkin 2 15" pioneer TS-W8102SPL. they run 3000 watt rms each and 8000 max each. powered by 3 Boss BLX5000 amps. they hav 5000 watt each. i was plannin on a 6.5 cubic ft ported box. using 8 gauge wire. and runnin it at 2 ohms, since i can get 3600 watts rms to each sub from the amps at that level. i know i'll need a cap or two caus the amps pull alot. u think i'll need another battery to? this is all in a bmw 325ci btw.

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

rite now i hav 2 12" audiobahns in a sealed box runnin 1000 rms and 2000 max each. both hooked to a 2150 max audiobahn amp. its loud, but not enough. i want to upgrade big. i was thinkin 2 15" pioneer TS-W8102SPL. they run 3000 watt rms each and 8000 max each. powered by 3 Boss BLX5000 amps. they hav 5000 watt each. i was plannin on a 6.5 cubic ft ported box. using 8 gauge wire. and runnin it at 2 ohms, since i can get 3600 watts rms to each sub from the amps at that level. i know i'll need a cap or two caus the amps pull alot. u think i'll need another battery to? this is all in a bmw 325ci btw.

wow, dont know really where to start....the max rating on amps and subs really dosnt mean much so ill start there, those boss amps wont do 5k watts if it was all three of them together, 8 gauge wire is what people use for speakers go 4 gauge MINIMUM try for 0 gauge, caps are useless when a 5 farad cap is as much as a kinetik 600, which is the same as 100 1 farad caps...the pioneer subs look cool, ive never had experience with them but they look sick.... strong electrical is your first deal, then find some good amps, cause those boss amps arnt worth your time nor your money

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Scratch all that you were thinking about... Start with two FI SS 15 and a RF T10001bd or Sundown 1500 in a good ported box. Add a second battery, 0 gauge wire and let me say it again a good ported box. If you can afford it maybe some better subs. RF T2's, Fi BL, etc. Its about 75% all box the rest is equipment/vehicle.

Don't go by max ratings, go by RMS rating, that way you don't get your feelings hurt.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

How much money are we working with and do you want SPL SQ or SQL

Very true. This question needs to be answered first...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

from what you just listed, it looks seems like you're pretty new to car audio. First the power ratings of the subs only tells the POWER HANDLING. Lets say you have a subs that have 1000Wrms rating, it doesn't mean the subs produces 1000Watts. What it means is that the subs can handle as much as 1000wrms from the amp.

as far as for your new system. I would really recomment Audioque. Get a pair of SDC2.5 12"s dual 4ohms, an audioque AQ1200d amp and build your own box. wire the coil in parallel and the subs in parallel and you have a 1200Wrms system (real power and not advertisement power). all this for juz a lil over 500 bucks. Then you can shop around for a new deck, 4ch amp, and mids/highs. ur set. You can really get a decent daily/loud system for under a grand if you do your homework, and looks like your doing it cuz you've came to the right place.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

wow, dont know really where to start....the max rating on amps and subs really dosnt mean much so ill start there, those boss amps wont do 5k watts if it was all three of them together, 8 gauge wire is what people use for speakers go 4 gauge MINIMUM try for 0 gauge, caps are useless when a 5 farad cap is as much as a kinetik 600, which is the same as 100 1 farad caps...the pioneer subs look cool, ive never had experience with them but they look sick.... strong electrical is your first deal, then find some good amps, cause those boss amps arnt worth your time nor your money

the pioneers r sweet. um i was just sayin 8 gauge caus that wat the subs can supposedly handle. i hav 4 gauge to my subs right now.

y wont the boss amps get 5000 max? so u think i should get another battery, no caps? u have any amps to recommend?

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

Scratch all that you were thinking about... Start with two FI SS 15 and a RF T10001bd or Sundown 1500 in a good ported box. Add a second battery, 0 gauge wire and let me say it again a good ported box. If you can afford it maybe some better subs. RF T2's, Fi BL, etc. Its about 75% all box the rest is equipment/vehicle.

Don't go by max ratings, go by RMS rating, that way you don't get your feelings hurt.

u know where i can find any of those subs or amps online? and it sounds like u prefer ported over sealed..

Archived