and BTW

wtf is a Skag???

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

you said its 7ohms with a multi meter with the crossover all hooked up to the mids, woofers, and tweeter?

or just estimated what the impedance would be

Also on the caps, are any of them Radial caps?

meaning 1 way only- DC caps? that would do it

what are the impedances of the inductors? again, that also matters

for tweeters you usually want a very low resistance inductor, like 0.1- 0.5ohms, and the inductance needs to be very low as well

crossovers can be pretty tricky

1 last thing that I DO SEE

That non Poly cap is only rated at 100volts, what are the poly caps rated at?

Try to kee all caps somewhere in the 200v-400v range just so all the components match, and keep that as a poly cap as well

and double check how that 1 resitor is wired up, its possible it can be wired is series when supposed to be parr, or viseversa, very easy to mess that up

those few things can be way easily overlooked, and cause the impedance to drop below the recievers abilty to play pretty asily if just 1 wire is backwards

Thats with everything hooked up,

Here is what im going off of:

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcas...a/crossover.jpg

Thats with everything hooked up,

Here is what im going off of:

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcas...a/crossover.jpg

try this,

disconnect 1 woofer, and re measure everything

check total impedance of the circuit

if higher than 4/6ohms, go ahead and re test

if it still does it, disconnect whole woofer crossover portion

check impedance, if over say 4/6ohms, retest

if it still does it, put the woofer leads back together as it was

midrange, disconect midrange circuit

test if still a realistic impedance, go ahead and retest

still does it, patch it back up, and do the same for the tweeter

doing that will allow you to pin point Exactly where the crossover is shorting out at

Iam assuming either resistor, non poly cap not being up to par compared to rest of xover, or a crossed wire that was over looked

when I said 4/6ohms, i really meant anything that wont kill the reciever/amp over 4 ohms on almost anyamp will be fine temporarily

I have a Harman Kardon 35wx5 rms high current reciever from 97' Ive had it that whole time, and I have used this thing as a tester amp for many years, 1ohm subwoofers, multi speaker arrays, but I have ran it down to 1ohm many times, and even right now I hae it ran daily at 3ohms per right left, and 6 ohms for the center, and I push that thing hard as hell, and I still get flawless sound from it

but again, its a HK High current reciever

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

dont deal with a prefab, well, if you want to learn how to build crossovers I mean

if you can care less, Iam sure that Xover will be fine

I rather build my own, you do need patience with them, but the knowledge you learn goes beyond just crossover design, it can open your brain to alot of other ideas

how did you like trying to get than bandpass 12db filter right?

thinking about it, it may be at the bandpass filter where a possible misswire happend, they can get confusing

sundown.jpg

try this,

disconnect 1 woofer, and re measure everything

check total impedance of the circuit

if higher than 4/6ohms, go ahead and re test

if it still does it, disconnect whole woofer crossover portion

check impedance, if over say 4/6ohms, retest

if it still does it, put the woofer leads back together as it was

midrange, disconect midrange circuit

test if still a realistic impedance, go ahead and retest

still does it, patch it back up, and do the same for the tweeter

doing that will allow you to pin point Exactly where the crossover is shorting out at

Iam assuming either resistor, non poly cap not being up to par compared to rest of xover, or a crossed wire that was over looked

when I said 4/6ohms, i really meant anything that wont kill the reciever/amp over 4 ohms on almost anyamp will be fine temporarily

I have a Harman Kardon 35wx5 rms high current reciever from 97' Ive had it that whole time, and I have used this thing as a tester amp for many years, 1ohm subwoofers, multi speaker arrays, but I have ran it down to 1ohm many times, and even right now I hae it ran daily at 3ohms per right left, and 6 ohms for the center, and I push that thing hard as hell, and I still get flawless sound from it

but again, its a HK High current reciever

dont deal with a prefab, well, if you want to learn how to build crossovers I mean

if you can care less, Iam sure that Xover will be fine

I rather build my own, you do need patience with them, but the knowledge you learn goes beyond just crossover design, it can open your brain to alot of other ideas

how did you like trying to get than bandpass 12db filter right?

thinking about it, it may be at the bandpass filter where a possible misswire happend, they can get confusing

Alright im gonna go check it out. Its weird its like it can play all day at 40db but when i turn it up to 35 it shuts off. If this xover is fucked up then its cheaper to buy the prefabbed one lol i have already invested way to much money in this project haha.

alright then.....

guess that works too

make sure the impedance, and xover slopes and #s are pretty close, dont have to be 100% accurate, but pretty close anyways

sundown.jpg

Archived