Sundown Audio

Arc Audio 2300SE Settings......

DROCH CUSTOMS

Is the way i've set this up the way I should be running it?  Minus the gain levels..... which aren't adjusted yet....

CIMG1496.jpg

Box is tuned to 32hz, 1 12", Wired up at 2ohm mono = 1300 watts.  Woofer is 1100 RMS.  I'm getting 15.50volts at the amp at idle after big 3. 

Where do I want to have my Frequency hz on the amp set at?

Should I use any bass boost?

Yea I know, the mono setting I got from the manual.  I was confused with it having 2 settings, mono and Bridged.  I set it to Mono from the following recommend picture in the manual....

ArcAudio-2300se-BridgedLowPass.jpg

Not sure if both put out the same power if wired @ 2ohm mono or bridged?

Not sure if it's an error but in that picture, it shows the Woofer + going the amp - , Error in the manual?

Yea i called Arc Audio and talked to Brad and he said that bridged and Mono put out 1300.  The difference between the two is on MONO it combines the Left & Right Audio signals vs. Bridged which only takes the audio from 1 side, either left or right but not both.  If you look on the bridged switch above you have to choose which side to get the signal from, left or right.  Mono combines both sides together.  He said I could run either one, but he recommended MONO.  So it's all good.

Yea i called Arc Audio and talked to Brad and he said that bridged and Mono put out 1300.  The difference between the two is on MONO it combines the Left & Right Audio signals vs. Bridged which only takes the audio from 1 side, either left or right but not both.  If you look on the bridged switch above you have to choose which side to get the signal from, left or right.  Mono combines both sides together.  He said I could run either one, but he recommended MONO.  So it's all good.

The Brad doesn't know a whole lot about his amps, and thats probably because 'sum yun guy' actually makes them.

Brad states:

'The difference between the two is on MONO it combines the Left & Right Audio signals vs. Bridged which only takes the audio from 1 side, either left or right but not both. '

In reality MONO should accept ONE chosen input and bridged is a term they shouldn't even have used, It should have been R + L thus summing the two input channels. But the asians are still perfecting thier english translations. So for now 'bridged' means R+L summed. Neither will affect the output power.

For your configuration I suggest:

BANDPASS: OFF

LOWPASS: 80-120HZ (pick a nice spot in this range)

SLOPE: 24db (nice and steep, if you don't have this for your high pass on your highs amp, use 12db)

LOWPASS MULTIPLIER: x1

INPUT MODE: Bridged if you have two RCA's ran, Mono if your head only supplies one.

If you plan to burp @ tuned freq, run your bass boost full blown and try and set it to your port freq. Then burp a tone in that vicinity. For music, try and run maybe 3db boost in the upper frequency range to help flatten the overall box frequency response.

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?

Archived