Second Skin Audio

Subs Smelly?help

aw shiit you cant add another layer... looks like allthread... and youll need to add a small panel of mdf on the inside of ur box where the allthread comes thru, lets say a 6 x 6" piece so you can counter sink the bolt and nut so it doesnt extend beyond the width of the box and rub ur trim

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

aw shiit you cant add another layer... looks like allthread... and youll need to add a small panel of mdf on the inside of ur box where the allthread comes thru, lets say a 6 x 6" piece so you can counter sink the bolt and nut so it doesnt extend beyond the width of the box and rub ur trim

not sure what mean man? whats allthread? never heard of it....and if i add another piece of mdf is it gonna mess with my tuning of the box?

EDIT: missed ur other post.....alright man, so where can i get an allthread like that? ad do i bolt it to the inside and outside of the box?

Edited by loganuf

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

http://www.allthread.net/

seeing as how im not looking at ur specific car or box its hard to say what will work... either way you need to get a 1/2-3/4-1" steel threaded rod from one side of the box to the inside port wall thru it to the side that flexes... since the steel is a fixed length that doesnt flex from those pressure levels inside the box it keeps the panels from moving... but it works best with the greatest surface area to spread that tension... hence why i said us a 6*6 piece of wood so its not just

nut....washer....silicone...mdf... silicone...washer...nut

instead

nut..washer..silicone..mdf..glue...mdf..silicone..washer..nut = much stronger

its at home depot/lowes

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Hey decaf, I am helping loganuf with his build...I see what you're saying about the glue, mdf, nut etc. but can you describe to me how we should do it?

nut..washer..silicone..mdf..glue...mdf..silicone..washer..nut = much stronger

so the nut goes into the box on the outside, with the washer around it. Got any pics of this? I am a visual learner lol. Thanks for all the help so far.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

this is how assman used it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...0&start=480

scroll down halway to post #485

or

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8519&st=440

post 444

inside the box would be about 2" of allthread with a washer butted up against the mdf with silicone... then a nut and as you can see on the outside you do the same so you can tighten the two nuts... use a lock nut or 2 nuts and the panel shouldnt move

hope that helps... if the box ur working with is max dimensions in width it will be hard to use allthread since you need that extra 2" on the outside for a few nuts... thats why its hard unless im there but somehow it needs to be stronger

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg