speaker placement???

ok got a SQ ??? if its the wrong forumn feel free to move it.

i see in steves tahoe, he has the speakers on the pillars firing across at each other

in groundpounders car they are facing the roof or ear area

some other cars i see them firing down and forard toward the firewall/tranny tunnel.

whats best ect.  help me out here

i have the coax's in my truck and they are firing at the center of the roof

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac

well in steves hoe' they are firing off axis. But he really didnt take the time to do his speakers in the pillars, he traded his stock pillars for those. he said he might redo them. But they get loud. But not recomended in SQ IMO. they are way too close to the head, not enough "distance" for the sound to travel.

since you have co-axils i might suggest putting them in the kicks, or make make a door pod for them.

also i see some with components where the tweeter is right next to the speaker facing the same way.

some place them on the dash straight up  like a fact. dash speaker

some on the upper window corners and some on the b-pillars by the seatbelts

whats best placement for these.

i was in a rush to get some sound in my truck and needed something custom b/c the 3.5's in the dash faced  your knees.

so i quickly glassed up some kicks with a plastic speaker ring, a white cotten t-shirt, some resin, and bondo

i didnt evenhave the right tools at the time so besides hands i only had a dremel tool to sand with. they come out ok and sound great but they are a lil thin and cracked in a few places. so im thinking of remaking them stronger just want to get the best SQ out of them

Guest MegaloManiac

also i see some with components where the tweeter is right next to the speaker facing the same way.

some place them on the dash straight up  like a fact. dash speaker

some on the upper window corners and some on the b-pillars by the seatbelts

whats best placement for these.

i was in a rush to get some sound in my truck and needed something custom b/c the 3.5's in the dash faced  your knees.

so i quickly glassed up some kicks with a plastic speaker ring, a white cotten t-shirt, some resin, and bondo

i didnt evenhave the right tools at the time so besides hands i only had a dremel tool to sand with. they come out ok and sound great but they are a lil thin and cracked in a few places. so im thinking of remaking them stronger just want to get the best SQ out of them

post pics of what u r talkin about, i understand the placement but what drivers are u reffering to.