Bad Noise Through Subs...wiring Issue?

Im getting noise now and its pissing me off. Just randomly itll sound like a storm in my trunk, with noise/whine. I will turn my H/U on and off and it fixes the severity of it. But then sometimes I will mildly hear it then itll suddenly increase. Noticed yesterday upon checking it with the trunk open that there is now a constant sound through the subs, and once in a while a quick pop will sound off.

Rca cables are about 12-20 inches away from powering wiring, and are infact on the opposite side of the car(ran on right side, power from front ran on left)

Speaker wire could be shit, idk, also the wire is ran around my batteries/power cables.

I am using clamp like ring terminals that are $3 a piece(from walmart since i did not have descent lug terminals). Things are secured and taped(incase they got loose no wire would be visible to short)

It also made noise like this upon first hookup with a single sub free air'd in my backseat. Makes me want to think its something with the amp now. There has been times that it was completely silent and i never got noise....

Dont know which direction to take here, someone give me some ideas. Probably just going to have to break down and check everything and anything.

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

i have the same thing.

mines a wine and it kinda sounds like a soldering irons heating up lol. i thought it was my amp at first but its coming from my sub

i have my power wire close to the RCA's so that may be my problem.

Edited by NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

i have the same thing.

mines a wine and it kinda sounds like a soldering irons heating up lol. i thought it was my amp at first but its coming from my sub

Im trying to figure a safe way to route them, but all my shit is just right there..batteries and what not. If that is the problem either have to find some shielding material to route the wires through or just buy some new rca's......

Anyone have to change out their RCA's all together just cause they shitted out? Might be my problem since they are a few years old(cheap scosche rcas) and been thru hot/cold weather.

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

i have the same thing.

that and/or you have a poor ground connection(s).

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

Im trying to figure a safe way to route them, but all my shit is just right there..batteries and what not. If that is the problem either have to find some shielding material to route the wires through or just buy some new rca's......

Anyone have to change out their RCA's all together just cause they shitted out? Might be my problem since they are a few years old(cheap scosche rcas) and been thru hot/cold weather.

Thats probably it man, scosche RCA's are so tiny and fragile, I had to replace my RCA's 2 or 3 times in my truck cause they kept pulling ends off or rubbing through the coating, but even if thats not it man, its always a good idea to get some good RCA's, but when my RCA's went bad my subs just went crazy started making all kinds of noise and crap.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Piss...if thats the case gotta pull out my H/u then..rather do that though then pull out my subs/amp again :blink: . What Rca's are top notch and shielded..any brands i should check on?

My grounds are pretty secure....but ill check them anyways.

95 camry:

JVC Deck

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

Knukonceptz(sp?), JL, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, thats just a couple that i know of, I use JL RCA's and I love them, but they were like 30 bucks for 18 footers.......

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

if the rcas dont fix it make sure all your grounds are at a central point with good clean contact to the chassis if possible.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

i did... got some nice rockford ones...

that and/or you have a poor ground connection(s).

yea if thats the case i will fix that this weekend when i run the 1/0 :)

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!