You lower that bike and it will be twice as hard to learn to ride it properly. learn to stand on one leg at a light, become very familiar with your machine in stock form before you go fuckin with it. If you can't reach the ground then the bike doesn't fit you. plain and simple.

X2!!!!

If you can't touch the ground now...then you need to keep looking for the right bike. My wife is 5'4" and she has been able to touch the ground on all of her and my bikes with no problem. No offense..so either you are seriously vertically challenged :drinks: or you are not looking at the right bike for you. Keep in mind that Sportbikes were not made to be comfortable. They were made to be on the track.

As trainman said...you don't need to be touching the ground flat footed with both feet to be able to control the bike. As long as you can lean it over on 1 leg and be ok holding up the bike at a stop light then you will be fine.

EDIT: Ohh and in the pic of the SLOzuki on the top of this page...what's with hemorrhoid pillow on back???

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

i went through the process of buying a bike about 6 months ago. It was down to an 2006 kawi ZX6R or and 06 GSX-R 600. i ended up getting the zx6r after talking with str86diesel, listen to him he knows what he is talking about. i have a good friend thats been riding gsxr600's for about 4 years now and i have 3 other friends that have owned gsxr 600's for about a year. we swap bikes alot and everytime i ride there's i hate them more. my friend thats been on em for 4 years used to love them. he used to say if he couldnt ride a gsxr he would ride at all. hes got gsxr tattoed on him. and after riding my bike more and more, he ended up buying a 08 zx6r about 2 months ago and loves it. im not saying this to say get a zx6r but more or reasons not to get a gsxr. my girls brother has an 05 r6, and to me it actually feels similar to the zx6r except it sits a little lower. it would be my next and only other choice for a bike if i didnt have a zx6r.

Edited by jcm1689