Sundown Audio

Amp Not Putting Out Power

bumassjeff

There's a few possibilities...

1. Fucked power section so you're getting poor rail voltage for the outputs to work with. Could be bad drive or bad MOSFETs

2. Fucked output section = no power output. Again could be drive or FETs

3. Fucked input section, the amplifier is doing what it's supposed to but it's not getting anything to amplify.

Regardless of what it is, if you actually want to get it fixed stop trying to run it. You might do more damage and turn a cheaply repairable amp into a big paperweight.

If db-r won't touch them they're probably horrible to repair, if I were you I would contact Kicker and see if they'll assess it for you.

well of course i havent been using the amp...

I suppose i can just use the fucker as a toilet and shit all over since its prolly fucked...!

i'll be honest, haven't read this thread but ima post...

this exact thing happenend to me and my zx1500.1, call kicker.

i've had to ship mine in 3 times, i bought it on aug. 1st and have it running for no more than 2 hours..

pretty much they keep replacing the 'capacitor' or something because it's cracked.

like i said i have the same problem, power turns on, just no output right???

it sucks, mine was warrantied, hope your problem wasn't as bad as mine and it gets fixed

but i called and straight up bitched, i was pissed, and they're sending me a new amp because they obviously can't find the problem... i'm expecting it today also!!!

just read no warranty, i'm sorry man, it sucks

everytime i ship it out, it's 12 days no counting sunday... i have it down now haha

kicker should pay for shipping also, just talk with them, i've had alot of success calling and talking to them

Edited by a_steezy

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png