Sonic Electronix

Well... some caps arnet like a 2 liter bottle.. some caps are over 100lbs and custom made.. My buddy mike has one I'm trying to get.. its from years ago but its supposed to be a "million farads" realistically.. prolly less. Fact is I need the energy when my stereo hits for that 1-3 seconds RIGHT AWAY. Caps discharge faster than batteries BUT they dont have nearly as much power.. That giant cap would only be good for a pure spl, test tone, "sixty seven cycles" vehicle.. Small caps can be used as bottom fishing weights.. have no love for em. Im not en expert but I did stay in a holiday inn express last night.. that and I have this many DCAM0277.jpg batteries.

Funny, all that $$ in batteries, and you can't spend a couple bucks for lift supports? (love the vise grips lol)

-=A=-

DTM Motorsports

Richardson Tx.

Guest Powered By Hate
Funny, all that $$ in batteries, and you can't spend a couple bucks for lift supports? (love the vise grips lol)

lol no way.. its ghetto but not having to worry about hitting my head on the drivers side when i look into the hatch is nice.. cause by now im so used to it i would prolly split my head on it. thats only like 1400 bucks in batteries.. (retail) I got one even better. I have all those bats and I still jump the car off everytime i start it cause the ft one is dead..

A capacitor is made for voltage CONDITIONING. Not for tigher quicker bass...it will have no effect on the transient response of the subwoofer...amplifiers come with all the capacitance they need.

Adding a cap is for smoothing out voltage spikes and dips of less than .5 volt

they didn't call them "stiffening capacitors" for nothing.....

if by no effect on the trasient response of a sub you mean they won't change the inductance of the coil (le), then agreed. however, if you meant no effect on the transient response of the sub you mean the ability to drop a quick note AFTER the capacitance of the amp has already been taxed beyond it's ability to effectively play that note as it was intended to, disagreed. not saying caps work nor are they a good idea (because i believe they are a waste), however, fact = it takes time for ample voltage to travel the 17' down a power wire from the battery to the amp. The first microsecond the cap actually does work, it works as it is intended. Caps = quick discharge for extremely short period of time. Battery = long lasting discharge.

and if by smoothing out voltage spikes and dips (imperfections) you mean filtering out AC Ripple, agreed.

ps - "caps or no caps is like asking herpes or no herpes". caps, like herpes = just another bump in the road :o

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.