Sonic Electronix

I Kno This Is A Dumb Ass Question But Explain Ohm To Mee

Google is your friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohms_law

That will help, and so will the other thousand search results. :)

i kno what it is but how do u like change ur amp through 1 or 2 ohms??

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

I'ma have a crack at this..... ha

You don't change your amp to 1 or 2 ohm, you change how you wire the subs. Ex. Parallel and series. Parallel lowers ohm loads by connecting + to + and - to -. Wiring in series raises the ohm load by wiring + to - and + to -.

Say you have dual 2 ohm sub. You wire in Parallel, you get a 1 ohm load. You wire the same sub in series you get a 4 ohm load. So you only change the subs total resistance. Not the amp itself.

~Team Bad Company Captain

"It is the mark of intelligence to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

You don't change your amp to 1 or 2 ohm, you change how you wire the subs. Ex. Parallel and series. Parallel lowers ohm loads by connecting + to + and - to -. Wiring in series raises the ohm load by wiring + to - and + to -.

Say you have dual 2 ohm sub. You wire in Parallel, you get a 1 ohm load. You wire the same sub in series you get a 4 ohm load. So you only change the subs total resistance. Not the amp itself.

by parallel u mean like bridged?? an if i bridge em its 1 ohm but if i do it normal it 2 ohms??

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

by parallel u mean like bridged?? an if i bridge em its 1 ohm but if i do it normal it 2 ohms??

No, you "bridge" an amp. If it is a 2 channel amp, when you wire the two together, the is "bridging."

What are your sub? and ohm load per sub?

"It is the mark of intelligence to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

No, you "bridge" an amp. If it is a 2 channel amp, when you wire the two together, the is "bridging."

What are your sub? and ohm load per sub?

at the moment i have a jbl gto 14001 with 2 mtx 5500 10s bridged an i think there 2 ohms but im not sure

at the moment i have a jbl gto 14001 with 2 mtx 5500 10s bridged an i think there 2 ohms but im not sure

Well there is not bridging going on, that is a single channel amp. i'm guess by model number.

But at any rate, If they are single 2 ohm, then if you are running in parallel then your amp is seeing a 1 ohm load.

If they are wired in series then your amp is seeing a 4 ohm load.

you also change how much power is applied to the speakers. EX: having 2 12" subwoofers, each having a Single 2 Ohm voice coil on it. having 2 of them and wiring them in parallel would make it 1 ohm. connecting the 1 ohm load (the 2 speakers in parallel) to an amplifier, the speakers would get a total of 1000rms.

now thats not 1000rms to each speaker, its shared among them equally, so each speaker would get around 500rms.

if you wire 2 of the same speakers in series, you would get 4 ohms. now when you connect this 4 ohm load to the same amplifier, the speakers would each receive 125rms, or a total of 250rms. (125+125=250)