How Do Ur Door Speakers Blow?

tune your gain correctly and dont use bassboost, a crossover is very important if your using it too.

whats a cross over?? lmao i kno im an idiot thats why im here

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

A crossover stops certain frequencies from getting to the speakers.

i just dont kno what crossover is is it like a function on the amp or what??? please dont make fun of me lol be patient

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

i just dont kno what crossover is is it like a function on the amp or what??? please dont make fun of me lol be patient

There usually is one on most amps, usually a Highpass/Lowpasss. Highpass stops lows from getting to the speakers.. Used for highs.

Then there is a Lowpass, which stops highs from getting to usually a sub.

~Team Bad Company Captain

"It is the mark of intelligence to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

There usually is one on most amps, usually a Highpass/Lowpasss. Highpass stops lows from getting to the speakers.. Used for highs.

Then there is a Lowpass, which stops highs from getting to usually a sub.

so have lp an hp almost all the way down??? an my amp is a mono

yea, its a function of amps, theres 3 crossover settings normally for some amps, it depends on the brand and model.

but the 3 settings are Full, HPF (high pass filter), and LPF (low pass filter).

the Full setting allows the amp to output the whole frequency band (20hz-20,000hz or w/e the amp is capable of outputting) to a speaker or set of speakers. you should never use this on subwoofer's or tweeters

the HPF (high pass filter) does what it says, it only allows high frequency's to play and blocks low frequency's. only use this for tweeters, as using this for subwoofers or mid-bass speakers will most likely destroy them.

the LPF (low pass filter) only allows low frequency's to play, which is what you must use for subwoofers.