Second Skin Audio

Thinking About Running 2 Type-r 12's Instead Of 1 15 Orion Hcca

Beckett

I was wanting to get a 15 HCCA, but i have been thinking if i do that then i would need to get a more powerful amp etc and this all costs a lot of money.

so what i was thinking was just buying a second Type-r because then i would be able to have my bass turnt up a bit more on the head unit (-7 ATM)

having 2 12's would be better than just one wouldn't it,? i have one atm at 1100RMS, and if i was to have 2 then i could have each at 550 RMS and bass up on HU so that should be louder cus the subs won't be working as hard as one at 1100 rms. plus the extra cone are would be better right? :)

I really wanna do this. i can use this site which dont exist any more :o ! ? lol jus found that out gettin the link lol.

i want to get a box like steves tahoe, subs up, port facing rear . square port aswell if posible?

this is the specs of my current box,

14"H x 24"W x 18"D. Slot port, 12.5" x 2" x 33.9"long@33Hz. This will give you a net vol. of 1.785^3ft.

i want to keep it the same width as it is in the boot now, 14 inches...thats from the boot to the backseat ( 2 amps are mounted between box and seat) it can go higher than18" cus thats what it is now and i have no parcel shelf.

it can also go abit wider than 24 " maybe 30 or something similar, but i dont have the space with the battery and walls in the boot.

if this is kinda a good amount of space to build a decent box for 2 type-r's similar tunnin and size to the current box per sub .

if any body could help design a box for me i woild appreciate it :)

Ben :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh yea if i was to gwet a brand new sub and use it at the same time with my old one (thats been worn in etc for ages) would it be wierd cus it ent warn in or anyting

cheers

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived