Second Skin Audio

Best Sound Quality L7 Or Btl?

solo z

first and for most glad to be apart of the board! :yahoo: now ive been doing alot of reading on this forum for the past 2 weeks so im not just going out on a limb. i know these two speakers are far from sq/sql subs but i like alot of bass but i want it to sound somewhat clear when doing so as it is my daily driver. Reason why i picked the L7 for my comparison is because 2 15inch L7s with 1.88cu.ft per sealed chamber are probably the only woofers ive heard personaly that will fall close to an spl setup. The sound quality was tolerable and i was wondering if the a fully loaded 15" BTL would fall in the same SQ range as the L7?

im located in los angeles and i dont know of any dealers that carry this BTL so i can actually hear it for myself? I want to go loud but for it to sound good while doing it and not just bass drowning my ears with no detail. thanks in advance :help:

BTL is not an SQ sub. Its not bad but its not great

Ive owned 2 10" L7's and they sounded great as far as sq goes...

so SQ

L7>BTL

SPL

L7<BTL

ive owned a 15" L7 in a 6 cu ft box tuned to 32hz, it does its job.

i have to agree with this to a certain point but when it comes to the low lows, BTL wins hands down.

but don't expect the difference on the SQ to be that great because both subs are designed for SPL

i have to agree with this to a certain point but when it comes to the low lows, BTL wins hands down.

but don't expect the difference on the SQ to be that great because both subs are designed for SPL

yes the btl loves the lows

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

THANKYOU!! you two have answered the question i have asked in 2replies than the 7 responses ive recieved in the other thread that was somehow double posted. so one more question which setup has the most potential as far as SPL goes? one 15BTL or 2 12L7 if i only have 5cu.ft to work with?

Anyone know a shop in Los Angeles area where i can hear some FI products?

THANKYOU!! you two have answered the question i have asked in 2replies than the 7 responses ive recieved in the other thread that was somehow double posted. so one more question which setup has the most potential as far as SPL goes? one 15BTL or 2 12L7 if i only have 5cu.ft to work with?

I will say either depending on the box...

but with my experience i like the BTL more than my old L7's

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Archived