Second Skin Audio

New Box For My Daily Drivers! And Want Your Opinion On Dimensions!

Sniper

so, as we all know (atleast might know, as long as you have been to my utube) I run car amps in the room, imo, cleanest sound, no buzz like I've got with the sherwood I had, the kenwood I had, the yamaha I STILL have, anyway, running car amps on the right little power supply gives no annoying 60hz buzz that cheap amps give off, mind you I still don't have a job (hey, 16 as of last friday, im putting apps in, I promise!), I got a couple amps on a computer power supply, anyway, this is just saying how I get my power, im looking at approx. 175W rms per each one of the mtx 6000s, I want to get maximum output from these suckers without buying a bigger power supply + amp, rather, building a new box and getting into what is known as the port wars, so, I figured, I am on this car audio forum, and sadly, my van's got a dead tranny, dont even have the damn thing anymore, buying a new car soon, figured that i'd toss out the prefab box, and build my own!

just so you dont have to research the subwoofer, heres all the specifications.

T6104 10" Subwoofer 4 Ohm 31Hz-150Hz 250/500 87.1dB 2" coil 33oz. magnet 5 1/8"

FS = 31.7hz

xmax = 9.4mm

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

huh? why was this moved? I had this in general audio because im trying to build a new box >.>

gah... anyway, I am thinking 35hz

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Archived