Safe Alternator Voltage For D2400

Guest DC Power Kyle

Guest KyleCannon

I know how Steve has his voltage set really high on his alternator to help his stereo produce more watts, the question is, if i increase the output voltage to like 15.4-15.7, can it damage the battery at all? I want the most voltage I can get without damaging my PM battery. Thanks again for the help!

Since our company only does voltage control and we are the "link" behind Steve's 15.3v system I think we can get you on the right track. Here is Steve's post :http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18890 Here is a photo as well from Steve's Tahoe with our modules voltage increase.

.Posted Image

To start off what type of car are you dealing with?

Year, make, model, motor?

15.5/15.7v on a single battery is a little high, you can run them at 14.8/15v safely on single battery setups. Adding batteries will help soak up higher voltages but 15.5v should be a flucuating voltage. Our Pro series module allows you to run 15.6/15.8v on the high side and 14.6/14.8v on the low side. High side is great for comps with the ability to switch to the low side to stay in a 14.7v class or for the drive home.

Any questions let us know!

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Guest Just_Rob

XS batteries are good batteries and we have people all the time run our externally regulated alts to them at 16+ with no problems, but on secondary batteries.. I always tell them to try and keep voltage in the mid to low 15's because *technically* I think 2.6v per cell is the max your supposed to charge them at which would be 15.6v... Chris said it best though when considering a daily driver/one battery setup...

Guest KyleCannon

Hi MLA,

I sent you an email 3 weeks back and have been waiting for a response regarding the status if i am capable of receiving a module. I have a 1997 Toyota Avalon XL with a 1MZ-FE engine.

Mechman stated that he could set up a voltage regulator for 99$ extra that would do the same as the MLA. Is this true or is there more to it than that? Anyways, let me know!

Guest Just_Rob

Mechman stated that he could set up a voltage regulator for 99$ extra that would do the same as the MLA. Is this true or is there more to it than that? Anyways, let me know!

Yes, there is more to it than that! Putting anything other than the OEM regulator in your alternator is going backwards! OEM Denso voltage regulators are damn near bulletproof, aftermarket ones, not so much.. Spend the extra money and get something that will actually help your situation, not make it worse.. If 'Link can build one for my '07 Tundra, he can build one for your Avalon... Rob

Hi MLA,

I sent you an email 3 weeks back and have been waiting for a response regarding the status if i am capable of receiving a module. I have a 1997 Toyota Avalon XL with a 1MZ-FE engine.

I posted your fit in our new look up info section a few days ago and yes we can do one for you. Its nice to see someone claiming they can do what we do :rofl: . Since we only do voltage regulation and spent the time and money on engineering up our products I would love to see the comparision of that!!!

DC is alot bigger alt company and even they don't even try what we do , they would rather you the customer get a quality enginered product from us than something rigged up. All in all we don't make alts so more power to them but its kinda cheesy bashing us in PM's

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Hi MLA,

I posted your fit in our new look up info section a few days ago and yes we can do one for you. Its nice to see someone claiming they can do what we do :rofl: . Since we only do voltage regulation and spent the time and money on engineered products its highly unlikely!!!

DC is alot bigger alt company than most and even they don't try what we do , they would rather you the customer get a quality engineered product from us than something rigged up. All in all we don't make alts so more power to them but its kinda cheesy bashing us in PM's when in the beginning they were slammin us saying 15v is not a safe level too charge at. Now they are all about 15+v funny huh!!

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Archived