Drive like there is a raw egg under your gas and brake! :) As everyone has said- do everything gradually and slowly. Try not to stop unless you have to- like at a light or on a hill... keep the thing rolling just a bit.

Four years ago, I got to drive across the Donner Pass during a white out snow storm! That sucked. And the last time I got to drive in substantial snow was like January of 06. My wife and I were in Memphis and the rain turned to snow- 6 inches of snow within 2 hours. We were in a front wheel drive Neon! It did well in town, but no fun on the Hwy. The only good thing about a front wheel drive vehicle when in the snow or ice when you take off- it will spin until it begins to go forward. The Mustang behind me was tailgaiting in the snow going up a hill in rush hour traffic. When we had to come to a stop and finally start again, the Neon puttered up the hill- the Mustang punched the gas and went sliding butt first into the curb. They quit tailgating after they did that.

To me, it is like mudding in a 4WD truck, but instead of mud, you are on a road where there are other people to worry about.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Best thing is to NOT break while cornering, slow down before your about to turn, and then gradually accelerate out of it. i drive a Subaru, AWD ftw!!!

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

What is this Snow stuff people keep talking about??? :search:

....j/p Austin Texas here, we don't get snow. :P A good ice day and the city shuts down the highways....and I get a day off of work!

I only drove in it once in Boston Mass and the roads were pretty clear at the time, just take your time, and think smooth, no sudden quick movements with the brakes or steering.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I think I'm a pretty badass driver in the snow...I have a Exploder with 4wd so that helps a ton.

My tips....if you have ABS I feel that I stop sooner and have more control if I modulate the brakes to the point of impending ABS. Also always keep your distance and start slowing down WAAYYY before because you never know how bad the traction is.

I have family in Texas...ppl down there have no idea how to drive in snow and ice lol....My cousin told me when it iced over in Houston there was over 1000 wrecks in the first hour.

I'm up in southern indiana...Basically drive slower and slow down ahead of time...dont try to make a turn going fast at unless you can drift like me.

It's a bitch -biggest problem is the people around you drive like idiot-really slow and hit their brakes alot. I keep a distance from everybody when it snows. My advise is if you can- move away from it, I've been around it my entire life and when my kids grow up I'm moving to warmer climates.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Yeah i drive an 83 camaro.. so of course RWD.. first winter driving it.. oughta be real fun.. last winter i drove a 4x4 chevy truck only a few times.. so this will be interesting :)

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Go to an empty parking lot and make your self lose control and learn how to gain it back, learn how your vehicle handles in the snow. don't over correct the steering, if your back end starts to swing out then steer the opposite way it is going, just slight turn of the wheel will do alot, dont slam on the breaks because it will lock up and you will lose it. just go slower and start to slow down for a stop or turn way before normal.

I took drivers training in the winter, we had lots of snow and i was the only one in my class that didnt lose controll.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

when ur goin fast and need to slow down, use your gears!! gear down instead of hitting the breaks, gradually break, gradually accelerate

lol.. soooooo wrongi grew up in northern minnesota , usually about 8-10 feet a season , front wheel drive , gear down?? lol worst idea ever, slide it into neutral and just relax , if ur all tense like alot of first timers are doin 50 then all the sudden hit black ice n go sideways :) ull just make it worse.. so yea, no downshifting if your sliding , neutral ftw :)

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg