00_XJ Posted December 3, 2008 Report Posted December 3, 2008 Found this on craigslist and since I'm looking for a cheap headunit it seems to be a good find. Any input on it? I know pioneer makes decent head units and the guy said he would deliver since he's about 40 minutes away...should I get it? http://gulfport.craigslist.org/ele/938831985.html It also come with the usb and Ipod cords. 2000 Jeep Cherokee -DC Audio -Memphis -Audioque -SecondSkin -Pioneer -KnuKonceptz
DUBIE Posted December 3, 2008 Report Posted December 3, 2008 pretty nice headunit...if its in good condition take it.... here are specs..hope this helps brotha Pioneer DEH-P5000UB In-Dash CD Receiver features USB Direct Control, built-in 24-bit Delta Sigma D/A Converter, 7-Way Rotary Commander, three Hi-Volt (4V) pre-outs, Plays MP3 and WMA file formats, supports ID3 Tags and AAC/WMA text. Have full control of your iPod, multimedia players and USB jump drives through uBUS USB Direct Control. Access, control and high-resolution playback are fast and straightforward. Simply plug in USB-compatible equipment into the included USB connector. This direct, high-speed, adapter-free connection plus built-in 24-bit Delta Sigma D/A Converter assures extraordinary sound quality and convenience. The 7-Way Rotary Commander acts as a musical joystick - with one central dial you can control 90% of the unit's functions and features. Connect an amplifier and the three Hi-Volt (4V) pre-outs deliver a clean, powerful signal path. These Hi-Volt pre-outs help give you better dynamics, crisper highs, and big, deep bass. Plays both MP3 and WMA file formats, giving you huge flexibility with the types of music you can play. Supports ID3 Tags and AAC/WMA text, which display artist, title, track and album information. Digital Speedread2 mechanism speeds up track-to-track access, cutting down on the wait time. Technical Specification WMA Playback: Yes Satellite Radio Ready: Yes RMS Power Output: 4x14 Watts Preamp Voltage: 4 volts (nice preamp voltage by the way) Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: Yes MP3 playback: Yes Maximum Power: 4x50 Watts HD Radio: No DIN: 1 Changer Control: Yes CD Text: Yes Bluetooth: Optional Aux input: Yes Built-in EQ: Yes CD-R/CD-RW Compatible: Yes Remote Control: Yes Detachable Face: Yes Features 50W x 4 MOSFET Max. Power Output AM/FM Tuner Plays CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, WAV Removable Flip Front Panel Segment OEL Display Rotary Commander Built-In Crossover Cellular Telephone Auto Muting Rear Aux-input Front USB Input 3 Preout Direct Sub Drive Radio Traffic Announcement Best Stations Memory (BSM) Radio Auto Alternative Frequency Search Radio Preset Channel Memory Radio Auto/Manual Frequency Search Disc Title Memory 3-band Parametric Equaliser Advanced Sound Retriever Source Level Adjuster (SLA) Clock Wireless Remote Control
00_XJ Posted December 3, 2008 Author Report Posted December 3, 2008 Alright another quick noobish question. Since this is my first vehicle and it came with an aftermarket headunit I haven't installed one so I don't know anything about them. I currently have a POS Kenwood head unit, since it already has the wiring kit to it can I remove the head unit and plug the pioneer right in to make sure it works good before I buy it 2000 Jeep Cherokee -DC Audio -Memphis -Audioque -SecondSkin -Pioneer -KnuKonceptz
DUBIE Posted December 3, 2008 Report Posted December 3, 2008 Alright another quick noobish question. Since this is my first vehicle and it came with an aftermarket headunit I haven't installed one so I don't know anything about them.I currently have a POS Kenwood head unit, since it already has the wiring kit to it can I remove the head unit and plug the pioneer right in to make sure it works good before I buy it not all headunits have the same connection(s)...just tell the guy to test it while your there....to see if it actually works...
Toxiccasper Posted December 5, 2008 Report Posted December 5, 2008 Yes you can use to wire harness already installed into the factory harness but not the one from your Kenwood HU youll just remove that one and hook up your new wires
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.