Second Skin Audio

Ported Box Suggestion

PUNKYOU007

hey, i have my subs in a sealed box now, in fact ive always had sealed boxes. i think now is the time that i try a ported box. so i have a few questions. first off here are the specs for my woofers:

Param. 15D4

Fs 24 Hz

Qms 8.2

Qes 0.59

Qts 0.56

Vas 152 L

Re 2x3.3 Ohm

Le 2x0.34 mH

Sd 740 cm2

BL 19.0 N/A

Xmax 28.5mm one way linear

Pmax4 600W RMS (actual will depend on your application)

SPL 87.4 dB @ 1W, 1m

Ported Box 3.5-9.0 cu ft @ 15-30Hz.

Sealed Box 1.5-4.0 cu

with that being said the boxes that i have now is 17x17.5x23.25 outside dimensions using 3/4 MDF.

first off can i use the boxes i have now and just add a port? if so how big and long(so gay)? if i cannot use my boxes what size do you think i should try? these are in an 01 suburban and i use my third row seat so there is a limitaion on box size, though i could make the box taller. also i have the subs facing the barn doors, would it make any diff if they were facing up?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I drive an envoy xl and i have my subs faceing up....2 reasons: 1, i dont like the rattleing of my gate, and 2. I think, it sounds louder .

About just putting a port in one of ur boxes. It wouldnt work out very well...If u have exsperience building just build a new box...

Go with a T line box.... just look over some designs around here and once u get an idea, post it and ask for advice... its what a lot of people do.

sold everything

Archived