What Subs Shouldnt Sound Like..... Update: Problem Fixed!

Where did you got the sub from? Something is wrong with the sub not the enclosures. Did you abuse the sub or brought it like that first time?

i bought the subs brand spanking new. i bought the subs in michigan and drove home (bout 4h 30m drive) and it was fine... couple of weeks/ a little over a month later they start to sound like this. i dont think i abused it too badly. my gain is turned practically off.

What Amp are you running?? My SE 15's first sounded like that when I put a new US AMPS MD2D to them wired at 1 ohm, the amp was "clipping" because voltage dropped down to the 10 volt range. I added two Kinetics batteries all with 1/0 wire and the noise went away. I would check what your voltage is dropping to. Hope it helps

audiopipe 1500.1 wired to 1 ohm .... stock battery.. voltage does occasionally drop around 10 with lights and heat on ... i just added another battery so ill test it again with the new battery in.

Did you make that box yourself? is it prefab? because a friend of mine had that same sound, and it was the joints on the box, they had come undone/ unglued. so it started to make that "slapping" sound once you start to turn it up.

so if you free air the sub and it seems to be normal, inspect your box, and add some screws if need be.

its a prefab. in the video i had the volume under 10 (outta 35) so its def not the joints. but ill keep it in mind for future reference.

Off topic

What song was that first one?

/Off Topic

gorilla zoe - so sick -- shit hits LOW AS :censored:

guys ive been super busy and i thought i had all comments sent to my phone via email but i never got any. im going to TRY and do some testing tomorrow but im swamped.... ill post again with a video of the free air and holding the joints of the box and looking at the tinsels with a flashlight. im pretty sure im ordering new ones on monday but if its an easy fix (such as just adding the :censored: battery ive had lying around for months) im going to be 1. pissed beyond believe 2. relieved that i dont have to go spend an additional $300 on more :censored: woofers. ill keep you posted

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600