Sundown Audio

What Ohms Is My Bd1000.1 Running At?

Sick916

I wanted to set it up for 1 ohm but i guess i dint crimp one of the wires right so this is how my set up was. (Look at pic.) so my amp kept going into protect so im just wondering what ohm was it running at.

Untitled.jpg

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

well it looks like the subs where in parallel but since u didnt say if they where d2 or d4 not sure. If the x marks the spot where the speaker was not hooked up one of the coils waqs not hooked up and that can cause your sub to blow. But if they are d2 they would be at .5 and if they where d4 they would be at 1ohm.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

if subs are dual 4ohm and wired in parallel (both pos together, and both neg's together) n then to amp it should be 1ohm but unno why it would go into protect tho unless voltage drop, my memphis amp's protect light would have a hint of ilumination just slightly when the bass would hit when i had it @ 1ohm and its 1ohm stable prolly due to voltage drop but sence i got my single 4ohm subs hardly to none light dimming and louder to some extent, i like to be able to run an amp @ 1ohm but 2ohm seems to be more efficent on electrical every amp in my truck is ran 2ohm and sounds solid imo, try wireing em series parallel to 4ohm and see if it goes to protect

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

is the x were he didn't crimp one of the wires right? maby theres a short in the box somewere makein it go into protect?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well it looks like the subs where in parallel but since u dint say if they where d2 or d4 not sure. If the x marks the spot where the speaker was not hooked up one of the coils waqs not hooked up and that can cause your sub to blow. But if they are d2 they would be at .5 and if they where d4 they would be at 1ohm.

Their 4ohms but i should have made it clear that the x is where they weren't connected also that i wanted to know what they where running when they weren't connected right. It would go into protect only after playing after hard bass notes. I thought it was because the diode. But i hooked everything up right now and its hitting hard no more probs.

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800

Mine use to do that too and i just rewired everything.. and since then my amp hasnt gone in to protect mode.. before trying anything just rewire it all again.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

try to get ur hands on a multimeter and ohm test the coils. could be some damage

well theres no probs anymore i was just wondering what it was wondering at before. My bd1000.1 is bumping as harder then i remember now : )

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Kinetik HC800