I Have A Few Electrical Questions

So My Buddy Just Bought A new Amp for his system Kicker 08Zx2500.1 Also should we get another Battery for that monster ?

And a few other upgrades like 1/0 Gauge wire and a new cap the only bad thing about the cap is that we both overlooked the specs here is the cap here and it says working voltage: 16VDC, and iam pretty sure all stock car batteries are 12V right?? so is that cap going to work with a 12V battery or am i going to have to RMA this cap and get a different one. Also feel free to let me know about anything else we should do/need for the upgrade!

The Sub is a Cerwin-Vega Stroker 152 Here

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Knu wire 1/0 ultra fleks & Krystal Kable Rca

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

your trunk lid is going to get molested like a drunk stripper at an orgy.

Get a bigger alternator, biggest you can get for it, incase you want to upgrade later on. get a few decent battery's in the boot.

do the BIG 3, there is a tutorial in the subwoofer section i believe.

get big 0/1 guage wire for all the electrical wiring with good strong solid connections on.

get the electrical in the car good you will have plenty of power to play the sub loud :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get a bigger alternator, biggest you can get for it, incase you want to upgrade later on. get a few decent battery's in the boot.

do the BIG 3, there is a tutorial in the subwoofer section i believe.

get big 0/1 guage wire for all the electrical wiring with good strong solid connections on.

get the electrical in the car good you will have plenty of power to play the sub loud :)

any good alternator suggestions ?

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

look in steve's signature bud, irragi alts or somin. i ent used em, but they must be good if he uses them lol

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So is that Cap Going to work at all Anyone ?

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

So is that Cap Going to work at all Anyone ?

That capacitor will work just fine. Your system voltage should be around 14 volts charging, "12 volts" is just a basic description of the system.

The 16 volt working voltage is the rating of the capacitor. You could install it on a 6 volt system without a problem.

If you had a "16 volt" battery, it would be charging at 18 to 19 volts - and that capacitor should not be used in that case - 20 WV would be a better choice for a so called "16 volt" system.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

That capacitor will work just fine. Your system voltage should be around 14 volts charging, "12 volts" is just a basic description of the system.

The 16 volt working voltage is the rating of the capacitor. You could install it on a 6 volt system without a problem.

If you had a "16 volt" battery, it would be charging at 18 to 19 volts - and that capacitor should not be used in that case - 20 WV would be a better choice for a so called "16 volt" system.

'Link

Awesome that is always good to hear

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

Archived