so if i was to play my system with the motor turned off, so i understand that deep cycle batts are what u use for that right??? and if i just get a deep cycle in the back will that be good, can u put a deep cycle under the hood?? and do i need to get both deep cycle so im not mis matching batts?? or can i just have 1 badass deep cycle in the back?? i know this might be a dumb question i just didnt kno what a deep cycle batt was for

Edited by GORILLAslap

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

If you plan on playing with no engine running you better get all the batteries you cna get...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

i will get the biggest batt that will fit under the hood (probably kinetik) an i will have a hc 2400 in the back (will get more if needed)

and are there kinetiks that are deep cycle??

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

I'm trying to. I asked the above question for a reason. Damn

ooo my bad i didnt t see that lol idk i plan on havin it playin with the motor off like 3 times a week for like 1 1/2 at a time

Wow. Basically a deep cycle battery is one that is designed to be charged/discharged over and over again. Now what you want to look at is how many amp hours the batt has.

This term is used to express the storage capacity of deep cycle batteries. This is the maximum sustained amperage drawn from a fully charged battery over a certain time period to a point where the battery is at 100% DOD (depth of discharge), for all purposes dead! This amperage is then multiplied by the discharge period to give the battery its Ah rating. The period of time used to drain and measure the battery is usually 20 hours, although longer or shorter time periods may be used depending on the application

Of course you want to get something with very high numbers. For instance the kinetik has 128 amp hours and the powermaster d3100 has 117 amp hours. To be totally honest with you I wouldn't play with the system off for that long period of time unless you're really not bumping but if your ODing then you will kill those batts and you have to remember that once you start your vehicle your alt will have to work overtime to try to get them back to where they should be. I burned up an alt once because I was sitting in the parking lot bumping hard and then when I started I continue to bump hard so the alt burned the hell up on me.

Some people will say get an isolator so that when you sit you'll only use a certain batt or bank of batts for your system so that you can still start the car but once again your alt will kick in and try to charge all those batts.

I hope that's not too much. There's still more that could be said about this.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Wow. Basically a deep cycle battery is one that is designed to be charged/discharged over and over again. Now what you want to look at is how many amp hours the batt has.

Of course you want to get something with very high numbers. For instance the kinetik has 128 amp hours and the powermaster d3100 has 117 amp hours. To be totally honest with you I wouldn't play with the system off for that long period of time unless you're really not bumping but if your ODing then you will kill those batts and you have to remember that once you start your vehicle your alt will have to work overtime to try to get them back to where they should be. I burned up an alt once because I was sitting in the parking lot bumping hard and then when I started I continue to bump hard so the alt burned the hell up on me.

Some people will say get an isolator so that when you sit you'll only use a certain batt or bank of batts for your system so that you can still start the car but once again your alt will kick in and try to charge all those batts.

I hope that's not too much. There's still more that could be said about this.

nooo its fine i will say fuck it an not play it without the motor on for a long time lol thanks for the info man =]]