biga48197 Posted January 11, 2009 Report Posted January 11, 2009 OK got 2 dual 4 ohms subs and 2 dual 2 ohms subs. I want to give each sub 3000 watts rms like I am doing with one of the dual 2's. i need to figure out a way to wire the dual 4's so each will get 3000 watts rms each. one idea I had was to wire the dual 4's down to 1 ohm. Then take the - wire put it on one of the amps that does 3000 watts rms (like the current one I have now) then put the + on another amp (just like the one I currently have now too). Will this even work? And I'm not trying to strap them because when strapped the recommended ohm level is is 2 ohm but i need that 1 ohm output rms wattage. if you guys have any ideas about certain amps that can do the power that I am looking for let me know. I'm not trying to spend a sh*tload of cash but I am willing to hear what you have for suggestions. for example if I should: run 2 amps to 1 sub that are 1500 rms each @ 4 ohms run 1 amp to each sub doing 3000 watts rms @ 2 ohms run 1 amp to both subs doing 6000 watts rms @ 1 ohm so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.