Sonic Electronix

I have a question on my front end staging. Below I will put the info on my current setup as well.

I made an inpatient mistake and bumped my system without fully setting it up. I knew I was doing wrong but did not think I would blow my tweeters.

I had a set of Seas H1397-04 27TAFNC/D Compact neodymium magnet tweeters. To be honest I am unsure of what the mids are in my doors I swore we put RS125-4 5" Reference Series but then actually believe they are ScanSpeak 15W/4531G Revelator 5.5" unless I pull off my door panels I won’t know for sure.

I blew my tweeters because I was inpatient and didn’t connect resistors and caps to them and their connected directly to the mids that are connected to the Xtant 603.

I needed to buy new tweeters but then saw a set of Rockford Fosgate T1T 1.1" Hard Anodized Aluminum Inverted Dome Tweeters with crossover and figured this would be good they come with crossovers

I saw a full set with mids deal I couldn’t pass up new ROCKFORD FOSGATE T162S 6.5" COMPONENT SPEAKERS $120.00 shipped so I purchased them and now when I received them the magnets are smaller they’re way lighter then the SEAS and unsure if my impulsive decision was a good one.

Here are the Specs of my set up please let me know if the SEAS are the better choice or are the Rockford a great decision. I listen to hard hitting bass music of course and R&B and still like SQ as well I need help I am so indecisive…

My setup currently: 2006 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab (4Door)

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD, 15” Re XXX at 1200 watts, Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio & “ Possibly Dayton Reference

For the front end Xtant – 603X: Number of Channels 3 Watts per Channel 4 Ohm 2 x 75 + 1 x 150 Watts per Channel 2 Ohm 2 x 150 + 1 x 300 Front Channels bridged mono

at 4 Ohms 1 x 300 on the sub I am running the Xtant 1001X

Here are the specs on the tweeters

SEAS

s_seas_prestige_loudspeaker_tweeter_h1397_27tafnc_d.jpg

Here are the Rockfords

Description Value

Configuration 2-Way Component System

Midrange Diameter 6.5"

Midrange Depth 2.7"

Tweeter Diameter 1.1"

Tweeter Depth n/a

Frequency Response 60Hz - 22kHz

Power Handling 100 Watts RMS

200 Watts Max

Crossover Low-Pass (LP) 12dB

High-Pass (HP): 24dB

Sensitivity 89dB @ 1 watt/1 meter

Grilles Included Yes

Mounting Hardware Yes

PLEASE HELP

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

Archived