Second Skin Audio

Displacement?/

t-roy

so when you build a box say it 2.5 cube per 12 and the sub's displacement is .9 and the the 16 sq in per cube. do you have to bulid the boux 2.5 besides the port and sub or just build it 2.5 with the port and every thing.

First what 12s do you have? .9 displacement seems A LOT for even both combined? but yes the 2.5 is after you account for sub and port displacement. So 2.5 per sub + port displacement + sub displacement = your overall box volume.

SDC2.5's by aq thats what my e-mail from aq said and i don't know if thats per or both subs. the subs are from 1.8 to 2.5 net cubes but on there site there boxes say the are tuned at 40 hz . but say my box is around 5 cube and i just add my port that 5 cube it should work. i have built a few boxes i just want this one perfect. when i use re calculator it tells me some thing diffrent from my math i did from what aq site calls for here is what i got. 36 long 13tall 19 deep port has a 81.6 sq in it is 12.5 tall 7 wide 12 deep and 7 on the bend of the L. i don't have these subs yet but i'm planning my box in the mean time

Archived