Can Anybody Here Read A Treble Cleff?

OK so Im taking an online music class....Long story short i aced the first 3 quizzes and just got a 60 on my fourth :(

It was about half steps and whole steps.....I thought i understood but apparently i have no fucking clue.

I just cant distinguish the two sometimes....I know C and C# is a half step but, why is B to C a half step? Is there no such thing as a B# or something?

any help here is appreciated...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

It has to do with scales. All major scales go (W-W-H-W-W-W-H), the W's stand for whole and H's are half steps.

So for instance, a G Major (just a clef, no key signature) would go G-A-B-C-D-E-F-G, where:

G-A is a whole step,

A-B is a whole step,

B-C is a half step,

C-D is a whole step,

D-E is a whole step,

E-F is a whole step,

F-G is a half step.

It can also help if you have a picture of a section of a keyboard in front of you labeled with all the notes so you can trace the pattern when you get into the other key signatures.

OK so Im taking an online music class....Long story short i aced the first 3 quizzes and just got a 60 on my fourth :(

It was about half steps and whole steps.....I thought i understood but apparently i have no fucking clue.

I just cant distinguish the two sometimes....I know C and C# is a half step but, why is B to C a half step? Is there no such thing as a B# or something?

any help here is appreciated...

No there is no such thing as a B sharp (C flat) or an E sharp (F flat). That is just how the scales ended up chromatically. The easiest way for most people to remember is to think of a piano's keyboard. There is no black key between B and C, or between E and F.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I studied this for a couple hours last night and it is starting to make sense, and i also did have a keyboard in my closet and labeled them...Thanks guys :)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D