Sonic Electronix

Help Me Ballpark My Costs..

Well I've been buying stuff when I've had spare change. I spent most my money on my truck though.

I bought two new Mach 5 Audio SPL-12s.

I have a new Pioneer DEH-4900IB headunit. Not sure if I want to use it or not we'll see.

I have a regular cab 94 GMC Sonoma that I'm fixing up. I have Honda Prelude buckets in it and there is NO room behind the seats for a box.

I have a camper shell for my truck.

My original plan was, to do a blow-through. I don't really want to cut the cab up, I don't really want to go and weld the cab back up if I change systems or sell it or whatever.

I think I will still do a blow-through, but through the rear window like those old sleeper things they used to make for pickups.

This way, it will allow me to get the rear window re-installed if I change anything with the truck.

I will be doing an alternator swap, from a GM CS130D alt to an AD244.

Soo.. I'm not working now (I'm still in school) but this semester I have 'lighter' courses so I'll probably be able to work a bit.

I'm trying to figure out how much getting the subs and electrical up and running will cost me. I can upgrade the door speakers later (I know it will sound like ass, but I really miss the bass.)

I'm trying to compile a list of stuff I'll need to buy.. this is what I've got off the top of my head.

200A AD244 x2= $145 each, but this was US pricing, I'll have to check what it is here in Canada.

MLA Dual Alt module=$210 incl. shipping. I assume this is to the lower 48, and not to the 51st state of Canada... so I'll have to check with MLA.

Audiopipe AP3000.1D=$366.95... I have to see if these guys ship to Canada too..

Thats all I got off the top of my head.

As for batteries I don't know what I will do. I don't reaally want to ship batteries from the states because shipping on them is $$$!

MDF, I know I can't get 1" MDF locally, I got a price on 3/4" but I can't remember what it was.

As for wire, I'm again not sure how much I will need. I may get welding cable but I will have to make a trip to get that stuff. I assume I will make some runs from the battery in the engine bay to the batteries in the bed?

I will need enough wire for the Big 3 too, and all the little terminals and stuff. I hope you can just buy a bulk pack or whatever of the wire ends..

I'll need fuse holders and fuses, I'm not really sure where to look for this stuff either.

I will try to get a quote on the accordian gasket locally if I can. I got a quote for it from a place thats a few hours away, it was $9-$15 a foot and I was told I'll need about 15ft. so.. $15ft x 15 = $225

I hope you guys can help me ballpark it at least.

Archived