Ho Alt Installed, How To Turn Off Dash Battery/alt Light?

Guest Just_Rob
I have a 2001 Blazer and just installed a MechMan HO alt. I'm running the alt in 1-wire operation to take advantage of its onboard adjustable voltage regulator to dial in exactly how many volts I want my system to charge at. Because of this, the stock alternator wire harness is left disconnected tripping the dash "check alternator" light to come on.

What can I do to fool my truck into thinking the stock alternator is still plugged in? It's uses the S.F.L.P. connector, but only the F and L wires. Anyone ever tried to do this?

Sorry to tell you bro, but your S.O.L..... There is no way to duplicate the field duty cycle, and without that signal coming from the alt to the PCM the problem will persist.. The problem that was fixed by MLA was on multiple setups was where people were running multiple alternators off the same turn on wire and it pulls the voltage too low on the L terminal, the PCM sees that, and turns the light in the gauge cluster on.. We do basically the same thing they do on our multiple alt setups to turn them on, but we run different regulators in those alternators to be able to do it the way we do it.. But, thats the good part about having the OEM building proprietary regulators for you... :)

On older vehicles you could just 86 the bulb, but on new vehicles, forget it.. Your problem is nothing.. A lot of new vehicles wont even RUN without the alternator plugged in...