Mikesmith0890 Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 okay, I have an'83 camaro and I've always ran subs in a sealed box. I'd like to try some new subs and build a ported box for them. For those of you who are familiar with camaros I'd like to keep the box in the well. If i go this route im looking at 2 12" DC Lvl 4s.. and tuning the box around 40hz for a Daily Driver. AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Bills Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 its doable, but tough, your going to use up every sing bit of cargo area in that back area. i did that single 12" w3 ported and that sucked a nut. take you rtime and really try to take up as much space as possible. maybe make the bottom fiberglass so it just fits in perfectly. haha Bills KwB Team DC Audio Midwest captain
Mikesmith0890 Posted February 13, 2009 Author Report Posted February 13, 2009 I know if I did a Standard mdf or birch enclosure i can do 3ft^3 easy. It'll be hellar fun figuring out the ports and all that tho since its going to be a weird shape.. AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Bills Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 I know if I did a Standard mdf or birch enclosure i can do 3ft^3 easy. It'll be hellar fun figuring out the ports and all that tho since its going to be a weird shape.. i'd do a 6" aero port or a few 4" aero's in the middle by the latch and put the subs on the sides. pry be the easiest. Bills KwB Team DC Audio Midwest captain
Mikesmith0890 Posted February 13, 2009 Author Report Posted February 13, 2009 I planned on doing aero ports.. L ports would be rediculous lmao. Now what about internals on the box.. Should i just build an empty air space box and calculate port space to tune? Noob with ported boxes if u cant tell lol.. Trying to do it with teh camaro is alot harder too AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.