Second Skin Audio

Wall Behind The Seats?

E-Train

Ok, so i been debatin on this for a while, and i cant lose my backseats yet so i wanna do a wall behind me rear seats, i have enough room to fit 4 12's, or 2 15's, right now i have 4 12's. I dont want this to be permanant so no great stuff foam, or drilling holes in my floor to mount it down. So what is the best way to build I guess aq temporary wall behind my rear seats and seal it off so it sounds good. I was thinking like a box subs up and port up, but make it's depth the distance between my floor n my roof, then just flip the box up, and use some kind of panels around the sides to seal it off. Would this work? and if so what would be the best way to seal it off, since i do wanna take this back out eventually. So don't flame on me to bad, when it comes to walls, im a newb lol If i missed somethin just lemme know n ill post it up.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

also should i tune it different since it's a wall? like higher or lower, or just keep it the same around 33 hz

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

If it's going to be behind the rear seats, you would be better off doing subs up port back IMO. Since you're not going to be cutting a lot of air space off with the wall that far back. I had a wall with four 13w7's behind the rear seats in my Expedition, but I liked the subs up, port back setup I had before better.

But then again, It's hard to beat the look of a wall. :D

And the tuning should be the same.

Thats kinda what im goin for the look, plus its a 4 runner so its tiny so by walling it im cutting off like 6 cubes or so

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

Archived