Well, I pulled the rear pillars and deck out so I can get to the stock blose speakers. Pulled them out and did a test fit of the enclosure. The enclosure slid right through the door opening perfectly. However, I need to shave off about 1/4 inch off of the top of the opening I had cut behind the seat. I only need about 1/16th of an inch more, but I have about 1/4" inch of metal to work with so I'll just take that off and had a little extra wiggle room, also once the box is covered, it will probably need that extra space.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

looking ill bro

im tuned in

i need ideas for finishing my rear deck =)

mad clean work though, looks like its gonna do some work

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

looking ill bro

im tuned in

i need ideas for finishing my rear deck =)

mad clean work though, looks like its gonna do some work

Thanks !! One thing I noticed while I had the deck off, the E8's and Tang Band midbass's magnets are hanging down to far for my original plans, I'm gonna have to get creative. Think, think, think......

97 Maxima SE

Thanks !! One thing I noticed while I had the deck off, the E8's and Tang Band midbass's magnets are hanging down to far for my original plans, I'm gonna have to get creative. Think, think, think......

hmm cant you just glass the rear deck and lift them up some?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

hmm cant you just glass the rear deck and lift them up some?

I have to see how my kick panels come out first !!! I've never glassed before so I'll see how I do on those, they are a little more out of sight than the rear deck :) But assuming I do ok on those, glassing something is a good idea.

My original plan was to use 1/4" plywood to replace the masonite piece of crap thats there from the factory and then use MDF rings to raise up the speakers, but that is still not going to give me enough clearance.

97 Maxima SE

I have to see how my kick panels come out first !!! I've never glassed before so I'll see how I do on those, they are a little more out of sight than the rear deck :) But assuming I do ok on those, glassing something is a good idea.

My original plan was to use 1/4" plywood to replace the masonite piece of crap thats there from the factory and then use MDF rings to raise up the speakers, but that is still not going to give me enough clearance.

i would afford to do the glassing work..BUT i cant access my rear deck? lol

its not hard at all to do..and the rear deck will be 10X easier to do than the kick panels

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

i would afford to do the glassing work..BUT i cant access my rear deck? lol

its not hard at all to do..and the rear deck will be 10X easier to do than the kick panels

I'll have an easy starting point. I'm gonna use the existing deck as a template and just run the router around it with a flush trim bit. Boom, new deck, then just build it up from there. I just gotta see the best way to place them, I didn't want speakers taking up the back window as it lowers the WAF (wife acceptance factor). I'll have to see how stealth I can make it.

97 Maxima SE

I'll have an easy starting point. I'm gonna use the existing deck as a template and just run the router around it with a flush trim bit. Boom, new deck, then just build it up from there. I just gotta see the best way to place them, I didn't want speakers taking up the back window as it lowers the WAF (wife acceptance factor). I'll have to see how stealth I can make it.

i gotcha on that one..but if your going to have kick panels in your car your WAF level is pretty high..my ex use to hate mine and passengers would step on them all the time...

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

i gotcha on that one..but if your going to have kick panels in your car your WAF level is pretty high..my ex use to hate mine and passengers would step on them all the time...

I know what you mean about the stepping on part. I'm going to see how I can keep them above foot level if possible. I'm going to try to start those tomorrow so I'll see what I can come up with. Wish me luck, first time glasser !!!

97 Maxima SE

Archived