Sonic Electronix

Looking To Upgrade System, Need Some Help

watz up, Im new to the site and I saw a couple of youtube vids of steve meades bad ass system and decided to come check it out. Right now, I dont have a real serious system at all since Im still a youngster (just turned 18) and alot of people say they are crappy (maybe they are lol) but I got 2 sony xplod 12's in a custom enclosed box (they hit pretty hard with the 2k watt amp) but my 2000 watt amp blew and the warranty didnt cover it (bastards.... lol) so right now, im pushing it with an xplod 800 watt amp I picked up from a friend... but heres the problem, I want to install 2 rockford fosgate 12s in as well and I already picked the ones Im going to get and Im going to upgrade my amp too, but I dont know how to go about adding them to my existing speaker hookup.... its pretty much a basic setup but what would I have to do to hook up the extra 12s? and what would I have to change??? Any help wud be GREAT.... I can upload pix if that would help out a little. thanks

dont mix the explods with the rockfords, either go with 2 or 4 of the same kind, make your own box im sure somebody on the forum would help you draw up plans and get some power to them, what kinda of vehicle? and those explods did not pull 2k watts from an amp and that amp didnt push 2k watts

oh yea and welcome to SMD

Edited by mxmike800

dont mix the explods with the rockfords, either go with 2 or 4 of the same kind, make your own box im sure somebody on the forum would help you draw up plans and get some power to them, what kinda of vehicle? and those explods did not pull 2k watts from an amp and that amp didnt push 2k watts

i didnt see that he wanted to ADD the rf's i thought he wanted to replace them. but yeah definetly get rid of the xplodes.

.. but heres the problem, I want to install 2 rockford fosgate 12s in as well and I already picked the ones Im going to get and Im going to upgrade my amp too, but I dont know how to go about adding them to my existing speaker hookup...

XD

yea the speakers are 1200 watts a piece... my bro helped with the hookup tho and he told me that xplods were shit, because he has 4 rf 15's and took the backseat out of his 07 maxima and had it pushed it up and even tho it looks good and sounds GREAT, im not lookin for THAT much bass... lol