So a parallel 4link with a panhard bar or a triangulated 4link. If lift is an issue, I'd say the triangulated 4link. The parallel 4link with the panhard will move the rear end to the side. A lot of people have been running Watts links, which work well when setup properly.

The Suicidedoors 5 link, like already mentioned, is a great piece. My old roommate has that setup in his S-10 and it's great. Well worth the $$$$.

this is why you find a reputable high quality shop with someone that knows more about suspension than just laying our a truck. they ARE around, but few and far between. If setup properly a panhard will work just as good as anything else. Problem is minitruckers have this infatuation with having ridiculous amounts of lift, i have no idea why. Corvettes are 4 inches off the ground at all times, why do you need more than that? my ride height is setup at 3 inches off the ground, thats body dropped and I really doubt I go over 6 at any given time....i am building my truck to ride low, not up high with the donks.

a panhard setup at half travel will work just as well as anything else.

your worst option would be to run a 50/50. the axle literally twists forward/backward depending on position in the travel. not good.

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

Posted Image

I have a camper shell.

It'll be painted the color of my truck, once the truck is repainted.

I could always mount the fuel cell at the back of the bed in front of the tailgate, but then I have 0 bed space.

Where am I supposed to put the beer?

in your body's fuel tank! duh!

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

are you bulding it to use the bed AND the topper or JUST the topper? why not build a tonneau out of 1x1x1/8 sq tubing? build it so it sits flush with the bed rail, and it would bea very solid "floor" for your system to sit on, and you can drop your tailgate still to load up the bed with beer, seats for shows, wood for a new box...whatever...

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

are you bulding it to use the bed AND the topper or JUST the topper? why not build a tonneau out of 1x1x1/8 sq tubing? build it so it sits flush with the bed rail, and it would bea very solid "floor" for your system to sit on, and you can drop your tailgate still to load up the bed with beer, seats for shows, wood for a new box...whatever...

Lol.

Posted Image

This was my plan, and build a frame for the box to sit on, then all the air management and stuff will sit under the box. its the only way I can think of doing everything I want, without selling this thing and buying an ext cab.

why are you so set on mounting everything in the bed? you have a lot of room on the frame to mount stuff...

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

Have:

lol, again it may work, but its not right. Just because you do something for 20 years doesn't mean you know everything. I'm tired of minitruckers building half ass crap when the right way doesnt cost but a LITTLE more

Hey dickhead...I had mini trucks while you were still in diapers....I was "into" mini-trucks in the 80's ...ya know when they first started popping out. I'm into real estate, Street Rods, and Choppers now and I have a few toys like my bagged dime. I know what I'm doing...been doing it abit longer then most so keep your "I'm always right Knowledge" to yourself...

It works...its done right...I have no problems...For the record...the right way would be to lift it with 4 pumps and 10 batteries but I put bags in it because they were free. :aggressive:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Archived