Second Skin Audio

Noob Question?

Mostar

I have always been into car audio since i was 16 and have had systems since i had my drivers licsense. But not untill about a year or so ago i have really started to educate myself on it. I have always ran sealed enclosres and fairly low power. Last year i did two Fi Bl's in a ported enclosure and a kicker 2500.1...this year i did a complete overhual and did two 18" Fi Btl's , Sundown SAZ3000d, 3 runs of 1/0 including big3, and an EA 200amp alt. Every thing seems to be up and running fine now except a few minnor adjustments. My voltage stays in the 12-14 range at full tilt. But since i dont know everything i was wondering if it is common for new subs to have an electrical smell to them...(Not a burnt smell) it just smells like electronics and every once ina while when i really bang on em and then crack a window i can smell it up front...but it dosn't smell like a burnt smell. Just would like some input on this so i know if i need to adjust something or if it is perfectly normal...Thanks

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

some times u need to let subs "break in" so the spiders will soffen up, that might be why it stinks, the subs not moveing as far as it can yet so the power has to go somewere, i broke my 5500's in with 200w over there rms lol, but it all depends on box tuneing to ive seen, if u play anything below box tuneing the sub wants to bottom out i think and might cause the stink, does it have any mechanic noise when full tilt? and looks like electrical is in order, do you have a secondary battery?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

some times u need to let subs "break in" so the spiders will soffen up, that might be why it stinks, the subs not moveing as far as it can yet so the power has to go somewere, i broke my 5500's in with 200w over there rms lol, but it all depends on box tuneing to ive seen, if u play anything below box tuneing the sub wants to bottom out i think and might cause the stink, does it have any mechanic noise when full tilt? and looks like electrical is in order, do you have a secondary battery?

yeah i have a red top 800cca up front and an odyessy pc1500a in the back...I listen to alot of chopped and screwed music and i did notice that when i opened the back hatch that when they hit real low notes that they seem to bottom out a little...

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

Archived