Sonic Electronix

Ok so Ive had my upgraded subs installed and running perfectly for 6 days now. But yesterday, the starter in my car went bad (it was progressively cranking slower for about 2 months before so I knew that was the problem) so i went out and bought a new one and put it in. and i had alot of oil stains on my engine from not having the screw tight enough so I pressure washed the everything under the hood after tightening them up.. heres where the problem comes in, when I hooked the battery back up and got everything back to normal, I cranked it up and it was back to normal and i reset my head unit and everything. but as soon as I pulled off, the headunit just went black. and 3 min later it came back on but with no sound from any speakers. then, it would just randomly jump back on.. and I knew the cd was playing because of the time display and when I pulled over, my amp was working and was lit up like normal, just no sound from any speakers which is weird because my door speakers arent connected to the sub amp and if it was the subs, then the door speakers would still play. just no bass... but after driving, I realized that everytime I hit the gas, all the speakers would cut out. And I parked the car and just let it run with the music up loud and it still kicked out normal power, but whenever I revved the engine, they wud muffle out, but when i quit revving, they all play again.. and I noticed when I revved it, the interior lights get brighter also (which is not usual) and when I quit revving, they dim up a little bit. and i thought that it was just water that had gotten into my speaker wire thats connected to the battery, but i dont think thats the problem anymore because its all dried up now and doing the same thing. does anyone know what would have caused this and what I should check out???

maybe u put to much pressure to an electrical wire and cut it........... maybe somethin you sprayed.

well I did spray some "Purple Cleaner" on the engine and everywhere else to loosen up all the dried oil before I pressure washed it, but that stuff is diluted a good bit compared to how it was. so would that effect the sound if the cleaner did come in contact with the battery terminal?

not sure lol

i never wash under my hoiod so......

lol yea EVERYONE Ive showed it to today (even 2 professional installers) have no clue what is causing it because all the wires are intact and secure and no power is escaping anywhere my second guess was maybe somethings going wrong with the alternator or its not producing enough wattage (but its only like 4 months old) so i dont think thats it either

kinda sounds like ur puttin out too high of a voltage and thats turning the amps off.... and when u let go of the gas the voltage comes back down.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

that purple shit can eat paint if you dont rinse it off good. Maybe you got some shit wet that aint supposed to get wet...fusebox perhaps?Check your wires in the engine bay if any are burned or melted start there

yea but the newer "improved" product is diluted and they added reactants to it but its supposed to be 100% safe to use and can even be used on jewelry but yea I did check the engine bay wires but not the fusebox so ill check that real quick

kinda sounds like ur puttin out too high of a voltage and thats turning the amps off.... and when u let go of the gas the voltage comes back down.

yea but that wouldnt muffle out the door speakers and tweets which are wired straight to the head unit would it? But the entire head unit just went blacked out for about 3 min the first time I cranked it up after putting the starter in.. but the starter does make some kind of weird noise when starting that sounds like a "whining" noise