Second Skin Audio

Sealed ported question.. ?

Coolwazabi

I read somewhere that ported is louder but sealed isn't but sealed seems louder... i know its seems confusing...

he said for high numbers on like the TL or w/e go with ported but for daily driving and no comps you could go with sealed since sealed seems louder...

since space is an issue i'm considering sealed if this has some truth to it..

Guest MegaloManiac

well the idea between ported and sealed originally came from the amount of power you can give. Sealed, you can give a lot of power to get loud, while ported you give small amounts of power to get loud. Now days it ended up being give lots of power to ported to get ridiculously loud. kinda hard for me to explain.

also the sound does sound different. Sealed will have a bit more tighter sound than a ported box. For me i could go either way, but i prefer ported.

maybe someonelse has a better explaniation

IMO ported is the way to go, there are so many different ways to design ports, and ported box, alot of the tim eused and buil tproperly they can have really good sound clearity , really tight, and punchy, yet still have the ability to hit those"did my teeth just shake"?? moments...  of course they are harder boxs to build and also require space... if its a really tight situation maybe sealed is better for you..

Archived