Second Skin Audio

How Long Till I Can Blow My Ib3 18

thats not what he is saying. the box is so big its sorta like no box at all.

which doesn't mean less control, it means less power required... had it been in a smaller "more contolling" box then I would have had to give it more power to get the same excursion to make the vids (which I made AFTER it had already bottomed, as I think I said when I posted the vids... I think it was something like "it's already bottomed a couple times and stank a few times, fuck it") so it would have hit just as easily and just as hard.

IB3 22"

that cant be good for a sub and by free air i ment that port which is just a hole in the wall

I made some vids with the good camera showing that it is not a hole it is tuned, but didn't turn out, and that is the ONLY reason I havent retuned to 15Hz while I've been doing all this work on the box... I put allthread in, just got done hooking all 6 batteries up for the 1st time....

So that I can make more vids showing it is tuned

IB3 22"

lol so get a zx2500.1 :tease:

here's the story again on that:

I wanted a 2500.1 for the 22" IB3 single 2ohm

I couldn't afford it

I got the wheels in motion for an AP30001D instead

Scott made a comment on HTS that the Xmax was going to be 30mm and in an email said he was bumping the motor from an IB3 motor to a Q motor

Those 2 comments combined led me to believe hte IB3 22" in fact would not have the same VD as 2 IB3 18's

I decided to either run 2 IB3 18's parrallel 1 ohm or the Maelstrom-X 21" parallel at 1 ohm

I ordered the BXI

Scott emailed me and the IB3 22 IS going to have the same VD

Now I want 2500.1 again

Guy on ebay gave me "second chance offer" since winning bidder never paid

IB3 22"

here's the story again on that:

I wanted a 2500.1 for the 22" IB3 single 2ohm

I couldn't afford it

I got the wheels in motion for an AP30001D instead

Scott made a comment on HTS that the Xmax was going to be 30mm and in an email said he was bumping the motor from an IB3 motor to a Q motor

Those 2 comments combined led me to believe hte IB3 22" in fact would not have the same VD as 2 IB3 18's

I decided to either run 2 IB3 18's parrallel 1 ohm or the Maelstrom-X 21" parallel at 1 ohm

I ordered the BXI

Scott emailed me and the IB3 22 IS going to have the same VD

Now I want 2500.1 again

Guy on ebay gave me "second chance offer" since winning bidder never paid

Oh thats cool.... if that doesn't pan out and you need one cheap let me know.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

how are you putting that much power to the Ib3? arent they only rated for 550rms, and there arent any options for cooling or anything.

people are really led blindly sometimes.... "infinite baffle" what does that really mean? ther are I think 13 parts to a subwoofer. What is special about an SPL or SQ driver? The only thermal limitation is it is 2 layer not 4 layer. I knew even before Scott emailed me that the 550-600 watts was mechanical... the damn sub I have is close to an avalanche/brahma/tumult. Haters start flamin... but it's all about motor, suspension.

The msurround is the same, cone is the same, basket is the same, tinsel leads, push terminals.

what makes it what it is? Spyder(s) number used and stiffness. Motor. it's only 2 layer instead of 4... only REAL difference. Slug number and diameter....

I am over simplifying to counter act everyones over complicating.

it is NOT an "IB" woofer. The motor yes is slimmer, efficiency is higher. less power handling? less power requirement.

It LAUGHED at my Lanzar amp, that is why I got a bigger one.

IB3 22"

oh, the rating is mechanical not thermal. scott and I talked about this before I bought it.

so how are you exceeding its mechanical limits without damaging it.. or did you already say that but i didnt pick up on it?