Sonic Electronix

Is This Car Good For A Loud Daily Setup.

Toyota MR2. Two doors. Small cab. Mid engine. Half-removable top( you remove two glass parts).

If i am going to put a box it would be 12" , 15" or 18". I am addicted to SPL....

But the bad thing is there is no much room. The box can be wide and high as the hole cab but not very deep :(

Here are some pics to see the situation. If you have any question don't bother asking. Just trying to figure it out.

dsc01414_-_copy_3b821_10442601.jpg

dsc01415_1ef89_10442603.jpg

dsc01416_56c91_10442605.jpg

dsc01417_b0b65_10442606.jpg

As you can see .. not enough space for some muthafucking boxes :(

Edited by The enD
bg_flag.gif

Go for it.

I hope you don't plan to put the subs in the "trunk" of that car.

Gut the shit out of it (behind the B pillar) and build a fart box. Put the amps in the "trunk".. Let us know how it does.

It will be lame to put the sub in the trunks. It has two trunk. In front you have the spare tire and the battery. I was thinking bout putting the amp there. But subs in the back trunk... no ...the engine will be between me and the music. These 156HP can get really loud :diablo:

Some people some that for SPL I need a car with big volume. I don't know.... :rolleyes: Need more comments :)

bg_flag.gif

Dont ruin such a nice car to turn it into an SPL car. A daily driver, sure, throw some stuff in it, but SPL is a completely different ballgame.

x2 that car is pretty sick why bother tearing it apart when you cant fit that much shit in it anyway

Bass is my drug. One hit and i was hooked.

As far as ruining it I mean....

SPL takes quite a lot of tolls on your car. Weight is a huge issue for suspensions. Material wise, you may need a shit ton of resin in there adding a lot of weight you wont even really notice, but it adds up. Expanding foam in all the crevaces. Making beauty panels to direct the air flow will often times result in making modifications to interior panels.

A lot of things will cause damage when working with SPL.

Don't do it..... I love spl 2.... 1 of my 1st mistakes was to use my personal car for Spl.... all the boxes i made for it.... going back an forth with small accidents, it's not worth it....... So if you really want to get loud.... find yourseld a lil shit box and do whatever you like...... welded frames... Resin box... whatever you like... my shit box only cost me $500.... and it's been great.... The experience you learn is way worth it.... The cool thing is you don't give a shit if you mess up a $500 car or truck....

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom