Sonic Electronix

Im wondering how many packed watts/subs I can fit into an S-10 custom build Im starting on.

My thoughts were to get 12,000 watts into'er! ( where would I place/hide the batteries, amplifiers, ect ect...)

Heres a brief overview on whats gonna take place with the S-10 project....

- Lowered with a complete bodydrop, basically having the rockers sitting on the ground.

- truck frame boxed in, leaded smooth, then chromed. Parts painted metalic orange. ( like the frame color in my avatar)

- installing a 572 chevy bigbloc engine. This shrinks the cab because the firewall will be pushed in.

- also the bodydrop will shrink the height of the cab space too...

- air system,Co2 tanks polished ect.....The truck will basically have an unlimited budget, & will be on/off the trailer for shows. LOL probly wont be drivin it too much!

Do you think having a 12,000 watt bass system is wayyy out of possibility? I'd like my amps to be rockford fasgate & FI woofers.

look at 00dime00 build. the lil red truck that turned green. i had 2 t1 15's in a reg cab before.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

I am starting on a 98' sdime build in a few weeks. The plans are as follows:

Pioneer AVHP6000DVD head unit

Kicker ZX2500.1

Kicker Solo X 12 (dual 4)

Kicker ZX850.4

Kicker SS 6.5" mids

2 pair kicker kx 2 way 6.5" coax

250 amp alt

optima yellow top

Kinetik HC800

Big 3 Upgrade

This is all going in an extended sdime

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

To handle 12kW on music you'll need a few beastly subs. You said Fi interests you, so assuming you ran BTLs you would want between 4 and 6 woofers to take the power. Even if you ran 12's you'll want at least 2 cubes per sub, plus port, giving you a box around 10 cubes plus port. I'm not sure if you can fit this in an extended cab wall or not.

If it's a show truck you may want to consider a simple sealed box, which should save you some airspace but might rule out the BTLs and require more lower power handling subs.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

00sdime00's s10....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.